DIY wet/dry completed

black056mtc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2010
sunshine city
1. remove the 4" tube and just hang it on the drain pipe with a string or make a holder a couple inch below the rim of the sump and let it sits on the holder only. this will increases the flow through the socks and you could see if it dirty ect..

2. take out the filter pad on top of the drip tray. this will increases your flow evenly over the sponges. your socks and the filter before the pump are enough.

3. your pump intake is on the high side. you may need to raise the water level in your sump to stop it from sucking in air but this means you will have less room in your sump once the power is out. If there is a power outage make sure their is room for the water drain down from your tank and not overflow your sump.

On my tank i have a 90 gal sump with the pump intake is at 1" from the bottom. i keep it 35% filled with water during running. once the power is out it will fill it to 75% with water. Just something to think of when you install or drill your overflow, if its too low then there will be too much water drain down once the power is out...

Tskstorm

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2011
Pocono's
How did you support the pegboard/drip tray? I see the pvc underneath but I can't understand how its supported on top so it doesnt move with the water pressure?

Tskstorm

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2011
Pocono's
1. remove the 4" tube and just hang it on the drain pipe with a string or make a holder a couple inch below the rim of the sump and let it sits on the holder only. this will increases the flow through the socks and you could see if it dirty ect..

How do you do that ? I just ordered my filter socks but have no idea how to secure them to the incoming pvc.

LowCel

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
How did you support the pegboard/drip tray? I see the pvc underneath but I can't understand how its supported on top so it doesnt move with the water pressure?
I don't think I understand your question. Why would it need supported from the top? The water level was (I'm no longer using the wet/dry) well below the pegboard so there is no risk of it rising.

Tskstorm

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2011
Pocono's
Next step was making the area for the biomedia. I constructed the bottom and the stands for it out of egg crate. I then used pieces of pvc on top of the egg crate to hold up the drip tray. I made the drip tray out of plastic pegboard. Once all is said and done I will be using polyfill mat on top of the drip tray.

It looks like there is something on top of the peg board, one inch pvc on the left, and something on the right ...

Tskstorm

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2011
Pocono's
Did you just balance the peg board on the vertical pvc? or is there another part holding the pegboard 'down'

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store