pentair fiberglass tanks with viewing windows

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Thier customer service is horrible....I called in yesterday to explain my situation talked to one of the techs and said there is nothing he can do about it sent me another rep which wasn't available at his desk all day yesterday and isn't there today.... I don't understand how they can only have 1 person on staff that can address my problem and the fact that he isn't there all day on a wed and isn't there today as well....why isn't their another rep to a dress my problem in his place if he isn't at work?...just ridiculous

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Yes and they said they can't do that and that it had to be through my account ....I called back and one of the techs talked to his boss and said she would send me the code via email....now I'm waiting on that email which I doubt I will receive

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Correct me if I am wrong but the page I attached says

-- order online

-- join email list

..., then get the code, no?

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Order online first?.....as in do you need to make a purchase first in order to receive the 10% off your next order?....if that's not the case then I have done everything correct

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Haha nice.... kids seem to love it

I finally got thru and got the discount.... after talking to 4-5 diff reps about me purchasing the 600 gallon ...this was the first one to actually inform me that the wait time would be roughly 3 months......wish the rest of the reps would have told me that.....anyways finally ordered should be here around may....

Lrry93

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2007
I get around
Haha nice.... kids seem to love it

I finally got thru and got the discount.... after talking to 4-5 diff reps about me purchasing the 600 gallon ...this was the first one to actually inform me that the wait time would be roughly 3 months......wish the rest of the reps would have told me that.....anyways finally ordered should be here around may....
Did you get the 600? The difference in window size is worth upgrading to the 720. I had to completely remove a exterior door frame and all to get it in my house. If you have French doors it wont be a issue. Drive down and buy mine. I may sell it and go a different route.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Lrry93, thanks so much for the photos with kids - we can gauge the window placement. I now can tell and am reminded why I didn't go this route and I also agree with others that this tank is ok for a fish that's on the move or sits almost always mid water. Other than that, it is hardly suitable for my purposes of public display or even for personal viewing.

... Unless, as suggested, the bottom is brought up with gravel or some other way. Even then though the corners are too wide for my purpose.

BTW, is the window glass or acrylic?

The 420 gal tank window in post #3 by Oddball appears to be significantly more viewer friendly, with much larger coverage. That I could consider.

###########################################################

Did you get the 600? The difference in window size is worth upgrading to the 720...
Lrry93, AFAIK, counterintuitively, the window on 720 is smaller a bit than a window on 600 gal, or so it was 4 years ago:

The 600 US gal, 8'x4'x30", $1630 tank (product # FT523W2) has a 69"x17" window.
The 720 US gal, 8'x4'x3', $2005 tank (product # FT632W2) has a 63"x15.5" window (yes, even smaller).

Drive down and buy mine. I may sell it and go a different route.
Where are you located and how much will you want for it?

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store