pentair fiberglass tanks with viewing windows

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Look to see if there is any light blue spots in your tank ....if so that may be where it starts......but to tell you the truth I looked over both my tanks before setting up and nothing was wrong with them.....the fish are fine as of now and the chipping isn't horrible but something like this shouldn't happen litterally 10 days after receiving the tank......

20160412_134805.jpg

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
WTF, damn it I should have waited to see how yours was doing before pulling the trigger. Explain to me what if anything I should look for when the tank is dry before setting it up? This has me nervous now, should have spent the extra $700 for an acrylic. Any fears at all of leakage? How are the fish doing?

Hopefully there is nothing wrong with urs.....I wouldn't want anyone to have to go thru this bullshit

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
So far here's my experience. Sign up with my email, no discount code was emailed to me. When I tried to purchase mine, no discount was applied. Emailed them about this, got a discount email response the next day. Made my order, confirmation email the next day. I just hope my tank comes in, and holds water. I'll b piss that it chips, but hoping that the chips arent dangerous and tank wont leak.

Look to see if there is any light blue spots in your tank ....if so that may be where it starts......but to tell you the truth I looked over both my tanks before setting up and nothing was wrong with them.....the fish are fine as of now and the chipping isn't horrible but something like this shouldn't happen litterally 10 days after receiving the tank......

View attachment 1177211
I'll be honest, that looks horrible. U got this thing like a week ago too.

Hopefully there is nothing wrong with urs.....I wouldn't want anyone to have to go thru this bullshit
Lol me too. Im gonna throw something at u, can stingrays damage the tank? We both have rays that like to slap the spit out of the tank wall. if the rays can damage the fiberglass just by slapping, damn is the tank spitty lol

Reactions: McPhish and ATF

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
So far here's my experience. Sign up with my email, no discount code was emailed to me. When I tried to purchase mine, no discount was applied. Emailed them about this, got a discount email response the next day. Made my order, confirmation email the next day. I just hope my tank comes in, and holds water. I'll b piss that it chips, but hoping that the chips arent dangerous and tank wont leak.

I'll be honest, that looks horrible. U got this thing like a week ago too.

Lol me too. Im gonna throw something at u, can stingrays damage the tank? We both have rays that like to slap the spit out of the tank wall. if the rays can damage the fiberglass just by slapping, damn is the tank spitty lol
There is no way stingrays could do this....you have to remember a lot of plywood builds are made with fiberglass and I've never heard of this happening.....

I don't even know what would even happen.....if they would have me send the tank back I get my money refunded?....I end up having to keep the tank and don't get any money refunded?.....idk either way if I have to send both tanks back.....they have made it a huge pain in the ass.....if I dont get the option to send the tanks back or get a refund then we are gonna have some serious legal problems

Haynesw

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2016
There is no way stingrays could do this....you have to remember a lot of plywood builds are made with fiberglass and I've never heard of this happening.....

I don't even know what would even happen.....if they would have me send the tank back I get my money refunded?....I end up having to keep the tank and don't get any money refunded?.....idk either way if I have to send both tanks back.....they have made it a huge pain in the ass.....if I dont get the option to send the tanks back or get a refund then we are gonna have some serious legal problems
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with these. You've probably saved quite a few people from having to deal with a huge headache. I cancelled my order this morning.

Freshwater4Life

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2015
VB

View attachment 1177211
Damn if they don't refund any money or let you return the tank maybe hit it with a couple coats of sweetwater or a similar epoxy ? Not sure how they would adhere to the gel coat but just an idea.

Def Leppard Hysteria

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Omaha, NE
Our FRT is like a bull in a China shop on our tank sometimes and ours has held up just fine. It might be just a bad batch of paint/epoxy with the current tanks. Hopefully your tank turns out okay.

I can't imagine Pentair not making things right with SandNukka15. They are one of the leading aquaculture companies in the world.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
I can't believe they would be one of the leading aquacultural companies in the world with the way they do customer service. I will update u guys as soon as I hear back from them.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store