pentair fiberglass tanks with viewing windows

Haynesw

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2016
The gelcoat on my 600 gallon fiberglass tank is already chipping!.......has anyone had this problem?
Oh man! I just bought one. Should I cancel the order right away?

Where is yours chipping? Was there anything to cause the chipping?

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Oh man! I just bought one. Should I cancel the order right away?

Where is yours chipping? Was there anything to cause the chipping?
Nothing causing the chipping all I have is sand at the bottom.....I would wait on ordering one if I were you.............that goes for everyone......I feel the quality of these tanks have decreased since the last gen of MFKers have had them.....

Haynesw

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2016
Nothing causing the chipping all I have is sand at the bottom.....I would wait on ordering one if I were you.............that goes for everyone......I feel the quality of these tanks have decreased since the last gen of MFKers have had them.....
Thanks. I will try to cancel my order for now. I'm glad you started this thread. Thank you.

Where is yours chipping?

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
It's now both of my tanks!......in the 270 it's on the back right side and on the 600 it's in the front middle......I'm beyond pissed.....I called this morning and they said they would call me back.....never did ....ended up playing phone tag with them until they told me to send in pictures ....so I emailed multiple pictures and they said they would get back to me......

We will see how they handle this.....this is a huge inconvenience for me and anyone else that has bought one of these ****ty tanks.....

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
It's now both of my tanks!......in the 270 it's on the back right side and on the 600 it's in the front middle......I'm beyond pissed.....I called this morning and they said they would call me back.....never did ....ended up playing phone tag with them until they told me to send in pictures ....so I emailed multiple pictures and they said they would get back to me......

We will see how they handle this.....this is a huge inconvenience for me and anyone else that has bought one of these ****ty tanks.....
WTF, damn it I should have waited to see how yours was doing before pulling the trigger. Explain to me what if anything I should look for when the tank is dry before setting it up? This has me nervous now, should have spent the extra $700 for an acrylic. Any fears at all of leakage? How are the fish doing?

Reactions: McPhish and ATF
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store