pentair fiberglass tanks with viewing windows

Def Leppard Hysteria

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Omaha, NE
It frustrates me how gheto it is and how I'm gonna be rigging up the lid lol basement floods about a half inch in certain places ocasionally so guess cinderblocks will have to do
Have you figured out how you're going to do the lid? I finally got around to completing the pvc frame and then used a 4'x8' sheet of 6mm clear twin wall polycarbonate sheet I bought from Menard's. I could have special ordered a larger size and cut it down to get a more precise fit, but it works for me as it is. I will say it has cut down a TON on evaporation and humidity now the tank has the lid.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Have you figured out how you're going to do the lid? I finally got around to completing the pvc frame and then used a 4'x8' sheet of 6mm clear twin wall polycarbonate sheet I bought from Menard's. I could have special ordered a larger size and cut it down to get a more precise fit, but it works for me as it is. I will say it has cut down a TON on evaporation and humidity now the tank has the lid.

I'm currently debating how I am going to do the lid....my basement is unfinished and gets cold in the winter so I might use plywood with cut outs for the lights on top of insulation board

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I found the website of the company that makes these fish tanks for Pentar
I found the website that makes the giant fiberglass fish tanks http://www.centuryreligioussupply.c...=message&pf=1&redirect_on_success=&Itemid=801

This is the headwaters of where these tanks are made and built and then shipped out to all the middlemen and then sold to us fish keepers. I'm going to see if they will sell directly to the public.

I'm in the process of contacting them about buying a fish tank or two from them. In that they can also custom make a giant fish tank.

The mark up that Pentar has on them is at least 70 to 80% I'm going to try and order one or two of them and see if shipping to my house kills it or not.
Did you end up hearing back from these guys?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I found the website of the company that makes these fish tanks for Pentar
I found the website that makes the giant fiberglass fish tanks http://www.centuryreligioussupply.c...=message&pf=1&redirect_on_success=&Itemid=801

This is the headwaters of where these tanks are made and built and then shipped out to all the middlemen and then sold to us fish keepers. I'm going to see if they will sell directly to the public.

I'm in the process of contacting them about buying a fish tank or two from them. In that they can also custom make a giant fish tank.

The mark up that Pentar has on them is at least 70 to 80% I'm going to try and order one or two of them and see if shipping to my house kills it or not.
Whoa! their 1800 gallon tank is less than $1100.

tank.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store