Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think the price of living is higher here. I dunno. Average power bill for a family of five is about $700 quarterly. A loaf of bread and 3ltrs of milk from the local corner store is almost $10. And here's a house currently for rent in a scummy area full of bogans where you hear gun shots and car burnouts almost 24/7 - my mum lives in that area because the rent is cheap, and she won't go for a walk without taking her two (med-large) dogs. She doesn't walk at night.
https://m.realestate.com.au/property-house-tas-herdsmans+cove-424665562

...don't be fooled by the modern kitchen and fresh paint, the area sucks lol

And yes S skjl47 , both Australia and Tasmania are islands. :)
Shame.....it looks like such a nice and peaceful area.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
.....and so, the sordid tale begins to unravel.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Why is that?.....is it bec

Very good thanks,especially considering I didn't pay a dime for the crabs and I already had the other ingredients on hand.
Oz has higher taxes, uses more expensive and less effective procedures for import and export, really doesnt do much trade, much of the stuff they get has to be braught in, also much of the farming and livestock is either raised/ grown in unproductive areas, this combined with the fact that ranchers and farmers don't use proper rearing methods, and a rather high taxation rate combined with a very messed up government all adds up to a rather high cost of living

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store