Green Terror in 55-Gallon

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Ok...welp...I'm back to square one. Due to sickness, I will be narrowed down to my syno and Raph.

What are some good tank mate options?

Last edited:

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Ok...welp...I'm back to square one. Due to sickness, I will be narrowed down to my syno and Raph.

What are some good tank mate options?
Both your new bushfish passed on?

you should be patient with what you want to keep. We all have given you suggestions the past month but you went ahead to purchase the bushfish at that point of time.
out of all the suggestions we gave you, pick one and that would be your stocking 👊🏻

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Both your new bushfish passed on?

you should be patient with what you want to keep. We all have given you suggestions the past month but you went ahead to purchase the bushfish at that point of time.
out of all the suggestions we gave you, pick one and that would be your stocking 👊🏻
No, they are still alive...I have a whole plan that would be too long to explain to deal with their sickness. It's complicated lol.

I still have EBAs and Convicts in mind, though I'm looking at other options. I will review the past threads again to see if there was anything I missed that might be really good.

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I'm embarrassed to say this, but I also have another plan. I am supposed to go out of town tomorrow for five days, and I don't know what to do other than take the fish to the fish store and hope that the fish store has the medicine and quarantine tanks. I want to do salt, but some of my fish may not take to salt too well, and since I'm leaving, I am scared about adding salt to the tank without watching and being there to monitor closely as I don't know how to treat fish sickness very well. Also, my mom is taking care of the fish, and she doesn't know a whim about taking care of fish other than feeding them, so I'm worried she won't know how to monitor the fish if I add salt. Plus, she can't do water changes if anything goes awry.

The reason I need a new stocking plan is because I plan on getting rid of most of my stock, some because of sickness, others because of size concerns (I will have to get rid of them eventually anyways).

What should I do? I really need some help because I really don't want to get rid of the bush fish, but I'm worried that they will pass away when I'm gone.

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Salt treatment is pretty easy on most fish - I don’t think any of what you have can’t tolerate it.
Can it kill my fish if I accidentally do it wrong? I honestly am tired of going back and forth to the fish store to take back fish and get new ones. I want fish that can stay permanently. That's why I've been trying to find fish that can stay. I've been getting very stressed and frustrated with the constant going back and forth. I just want to have a stable tank, and there are very little to no issues. I know that most of it is my own fault; I have brought this on myself.

Last edited:

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Best thing to do is take it slow, obviously the Oscar needs to go back but the ctenopoma can stay.
Salt is administered at a salinity of like 1.002-1.003, for reference marine tanks are kept at 1.025. To even be considered brackish I think it needs to be near 1.005.
I’ve put loaches, plecos, and puffers, all known to not tolerate salt super well, through salt treatment with no issue. It’s not too hard to do.
Post some pics here to help confirm what it is.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store