420 Gallon Floor Aquarium by Aquatic Elements

14crazychris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hi all,

Time for an update! So far the tank is doing really well and im loving watching the fish grow. I've decided i#I do want to change things about though. I love the rays, but on a recent trip to Thailand, my love for albino rays grew! I'm planning to keep my albino pearl but move on the other rays and make space for two more albino pearls, hopefully breeding them in the future. Assuming I should go for an additional male and a female or two females. The hampala barbs are awesome and i'm so glad I kept them, but they are too active and crazy! I want something a little more placid so I'm toying with the idea of getting more datnoids. Now it seem contriversial about keeping them together? I already have one, but was thinking about adding another 4? any thoughts, opinions or suggestions on fish is welcome! Thank you
DSC05675.JPGDSC05676.JPG

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Dats do great in groups. If it were me id pull the driftwood for more swimming space and add some more aros or peacock bass for color.

14crazychris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2019
Dats do great in groups. If it were me id pull the driftwood for more swimming space and add some more aros or peacock bass for color.
Okay that's good to know! Yes I plan to pull the wood and the last remaining rocks once the fish are big enough. Id love to add more asian arowana but I have a problem. From my research, it seems they do best in groups of five or more. This means I need another 4 asian arowana which for one, would be expensive, but Im also not sure the tank is big enough? any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
There’s tank all over IG and a few on here with aro communities in smaller tanks than yours. It’s definitely doable.

14crazychris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2019
There’s tank all over IG and a few on here with aro communities in smaller tanks than yours. It’s definitely doable.
Interesting! Okay, my first step is to move on my rays and get a trio of albino pearls. Just depends whether I go for 3 males, or 2 females and 1 male. I'm a little worried about breeding aggression in the future.

I can then move on the hamapala barbs and decide if I have the budget to add another 4 asian arowana, or whether a group of dats will be best. Thank you

14crazychris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2019
Update time, I managed to swap out my large BD for an albino hybrid pearl x BD. Now I have two albino rays in the tank. Next job is to try and find a home for my mini marble and p14 x bd, to get my final albino ray. Here's a few pictures
1000037495.jpg1000037642.jpg1000037687.jpg1000037717.jpg

14crazychris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2019
I am not the biggest fan of rays but that is a beauty of a fish.
You have a pic of the two albinos together?
Yes here's a few pictures of them side by side, you can really see how light he is in comparison. I haven't been able to get him to feed just yet so I'm hoping he will start to eat soon. I'm still trying to find a buyer for my mini marble and p14x stingray before I can purchase my last albino ray. I'm then going to shift my attention onto the Hampala barbs.

Thanks
DSC05723.JPGDSC05725.JPG

14crazychris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2019
The tank is doing really well and I'm super happy with the progress so far. An opportunity arose for me to pick up a fly river turtle and I couldn't resist. Another species that's been on my radar for the past 5 years. A lovely small size, been in someone's smaller aquarium for a year, alongside stingrays. I decided to bite the bullet and add him/her to the aquarium. I'm not sure on the gender but would like to find out. Attached is some pictures. Still no luck moving on the p14x and mini marble but I'm sure they will go in time, before I can add my last albino. I did manage to move on my larger BD, so im back to 4 rays for now. Thanks
1000037713.jpg1000037715.jpg1000037804.jpg

View attachment 1000037695.jpg

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store