4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingyella

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
Louisiana
i know what you mean about the rain, its been knocking me out of work. This weekend things should clear up. Great progress, can't wait till you host another selas meeting.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
No progress yesterday or today. Last night I had my daughter over and tonight I had a prior commitment to go to a free concert in the park with some friends. Weather turned out great, so I hope that's an indicator of what the weekend holds. Back to work on it tomorrow after work, so stay tuned.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Had to go pick up my ticket for the fights tomorrow night, so I went there then headed home and started cutting more pieces that I need. Hitting Lowe's in the AM to get more lumber and do the returns and other purchases I was supposed to do today. Lots of cutting, gluing and screwing tomorrow!

A little Sharkey's Reef and Bluefish Grill trivia to hold you guys until I have an update available.

Sharkey's tank was shaped like a dumb bell (no, not designed by a dumb bell) so the sharks could "turnaround".

The windows in the "turnaround" area were 8 feet tall, 5 feet wide and 4 1/4 inches thick.
I used them in the bar in Bluefish but installed them horizontally.

The side panels at Sharkeys and Bluefish were 12 feet wide, 8 feet tall and 4 3/4 inches thick.

The main window at both places was 21 feet wide, 8 feet tall and 5 1/4 inches thick.

It weighs 3 TONS.

Sharkeys was 100 feet long, 14 feet wide and 14 feet deep.

Bluefish was 60 feet long 14 feet deep and 30 feet wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store