4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Man that's a ton of lumber. Good progress, that's gotta be time consuming!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I think I screwed 4 lbs. of 3" deck screws this weekend alone. Most of the first layer is screwed in, but the rest is just fitted. I'm still working out the fit on the front. Going to make the face that the acrylic sits against then build off of it. Still going to use the same inset design that I had in the old front.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Just place for plumbing just like you'd have on tanks with vertical framing. Funny how no one asks what are all those openings between the studs going to be when they are framed vertically. The entire inside of the tank except for where the 50x99 acrylic goes will be covered in plywood. Not all the openings will be used, obviously the ones on the side by the french doors, but the others I'm putting just to give myself options.

Bassinkorea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
South Korea
nolapete;3546987; said:
Just place for plumbing just like you'd have on tanks with vertical framing. Funny how no one asks what are all those openings between the studs going to be when they are framed vertically. The entire inside of the tank except for where the 50x99 acrylic goes will be covered in plywood. Not all the openings will be used, obviously the ones on the side by the french doors, but the others I'm putting just to give myself options.
Ahhhh of course, that makes sense to me now, good idea. I was thinking you may be putting some mini viewing windows in the sides.

BTW, I'm loving your build :naughty:

larryluvfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2008
Summerville, SC
Bassinkorea;3547029; said:
Ahhhh of course, that makes sense to me now, good idea. I was thinking you may be putting some mini viewing windows in the sides.

BTW, I'm loving your build :naughty:
Man I was thinking the same thing about those open spots.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store