4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
3 coats left to do. Decided that I'm not going to open the last 5 gallon container. I should finish up by Thursday with the last of a total of 11 gallons. Trying to stop by Jack's to get the pond liner piece for the bottom Saturday. I don't want to jinx myself by saying when I'd like to put water in to test, but I will say very soon.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
nolapete;4163691; said:
3 coats left to do. Decided that I'm not going to open the last 5 gallon container. I should finish up by Thursday with the last of a total of 11 gallons. Trying to stop by Jack's to get the pond liner piece for the bottom Saturday. I don't want to jinx myself by saying when I'd like to put water in to test, but I will say very soon.
GoooooooOOOOOO PETE!!
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

BadOleRoss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Virginia
VLDesign;4155693; said:
Question I just thought of. If this stuff stays tacky are you going to have a problem with food and potentially critters sticking to the stuff under water?
Once it gets wet it is no longer tacky. It will go from black back to the brown color it is when it is applied. Another little oddity is that during water changes when it starts to dry out it will start going back to the black color.

Satan's Goldfish

Cloven-hoofed Sea Monkey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Carterton, Oxfordshire
nolapete;4163691; said:
Just a thought for ya, you might want to check whether the pondliner floats or not! Obviously normally the water sits in the liner so that weight pins it down. But i found with the tarp in the bottom of my build that when water was able to get behind it it started to try and float up and needed pinning with paving slabs to keep it flat. As yours is just a piece to sit on the bottom you might find the same happens, your substrate should pin it down but if you have a fish that likes to move things on the bottom then it might clear a patch that can start to lift:nilly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store