4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Another coat down. That little divet showed up again, but not as large. This time I covered it with mesh tape then filled it. I'm thinking there's a sap spot on the plywood that is preventing it from bonding there. It doesn't make me the least bit happy, but it is what it is. My gf thinks that the Permadri is too thick right there and is coming up because of that. I'm thinking she may be right in a way. I think the extra thickness there is causing it to adhere to the ladder and/or my shoes. The stretch with my step is obviously more than 850% so it break free. No other places have demonstrated this trouble, so we'll just have to watch it.

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
One stupid little spot! GERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :irked: :irked: :irked:

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Maybe feather it out with some 80-100 grit on an orbital or Dual action sander?
That'll give the PC a bit more surface area to adhere to on the wood...

hell it might be an old spot of oil from the mill when the wood was veneered in production, prior to being laminated into plywood...

fg4608

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2010
7,731miles from birth
I've been reading and lurking this thread for some time now (yes I did read 120 some pages in one sitting the first time around lol).
Any possibility of some new pics now when that issue seems to be resolved?
And major props for still staying at it!

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I can't imagine coating your tank. It seemed like a lot of work on my little 240

Posted on mobile.monsterfishkeepers.com

fg4608

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2010
7,731miles from birth
Thanks Pete,

Sorry for making you have to repeat yourself! :)

You and your project has been my main inspiration to getting back into all of this and right now I have a used 125gal (1/2" glass 72"L x 18"D x 24"T for $80 = OK?) in my carport ready to be disassembled and expanded!

Thanks!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Sounds like a good tank to use. Anything less than $1 a gallon is pretty much a good deal.

====

Slight delay. GF is working out of town Monday - Friday next week, so I'm pushing back working on the tank until then. Hopefully, I'll be able to get Charles to come by and finish out the ceiling; at least the part over the tank. Trying to get in touch with Ken to come by and work on the risers for the 55 gallon drums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store