4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

greengiant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
British Columbia Canada
looks sweet. seeing those pics of with the tank structure in it really reminded me how much of a beast this thing is I love it. keep it up pete. I want to see the flow when you drain it. planning on washing away the lawn?

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
VLDesign;4201965; said:
You trust those hose clamps on the outlet pipes?

That would drive me crazy and I would use the ball valves with unions in place of the rubber connectors.

Other than that, can't wait for water..
Just temporary and not for full fill test. Only using them to catch what gets past the pipe and plugs on the inside. The main part of the water containment through the bulkheads will be inside the tank for testing.

Permanent plumbing will be all hard connections with ball valves.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Yep, ball valve on the end.

The way the trap works is that water flows down the 45 into the Y/90 trap. The water continues up the Y while any sediment gets caught in the turbulence and falls into the 90 and pipe following it. The water flows up a pipe to the pump intake about 3 - 4 ft above the trap. Gravity will do its thing and anything big enough to cause pump trouble will fall into the trap below.

I'm still considering putting the settling tanks in. I may do it just for the sake of more protection on the pumps and easier heater coil installation.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
How much flow loss are you going to experience with the water hitting that Y and having to make such a drastic change in direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store