4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Kind of cool side note. My roommate operates heavy equipment at night. They've been filling in some ponds as part of a water handling project. He usually gets in around 3 am and I happened to be awake. He told me they saw a huge softshell turtle and a bunch of huge fish which he thought were gars and a lot of other fish. We decided to take a ride back so I could identify them. I was hoping he was mistaken and that they were bowfin, but he was correct. We netted one of the muddy gars and brought it home. I hosed the mud off with a light spray from the garden hose then put it in a temporary home in one of the 55 gallon drums. He's not quite as long as they are across, so it is big enough to quarantine and watch it for a week or so. I've equipped my roomie with a net and bucket and educated him to rescue some more of the smaller gars. There were some larger ones; one close to 4 ft. I'm not sure which species it is yet.

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
You wil get it Pete! We are all routing for ya! :headbang2

Gho3t

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2010
NJ
So it took me two days to read from page one to current. I thought by the time I get to the end I would get to see some fish in there :(. Great build be looking forward for any updates on this epic build.

Cheers

TaylorD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
Canada
Not gonna lie... really new to the site, and since I have joined all I have done is read random threads...

Till I came across this.
HOLY HELL !!

I'm reading first thing in the morning before work, at work, on my lunch break, again more at work, and once I'm home.

As many before have said.. WOW !!!
You totally have made "MY" wish come true.. not sure who posted 50 odd pages back, but with a wife, a house, lots of bills, and a not so great income... you are doing what I could only dream.. Thank you !!

This is by far one of the most impressive threads I have 'ever' read.

I won't say best of luck, just because it just doesn't seem quite enough.
I am truly captivated and blown away at the very same time... I honestly can't wait to see what you write next...

Hat's off to a righteous project !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store