4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Not engaged yet, but in the next couple weeks most likely, but thanks for the congrats. She's pretty lucky to get me. Err I'm mean she's a really great lady.

When all the pond coat is used up, an EPDM liner will be what I will use. My original plan was to use a liner and I came up with the liner folding technique as a result. If it comes to that, I'll fold in the liner then secure it to the tank around the window with a pond coat coated frame, cut in the bulkheads and fill the thing and be done.

I believe in the Permadri product and don't think it's at fault for the leak. I solely believe that it is my application. The product wasn't originally designed to keep liquids in, but to keep them out even though many such cases exist successfully.

bubbles123

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2009
Fort McMurray, Ab, Canada
I have an unopened bucket of Zavlar waiting for me to get off my butt and start building. I still believe in it too. BadOleRoss (and others) got it to work and I'm sure you will too. I think with the height of the water, you may need to go thicker than originally thought. I don't remember who suggested the water pressure squeezing the LR through the seams and opening a hole, but they may be onto something. How about a coat of LR and cloth? It wouldn't even need to be fibreglass cloth. From back in my younger days, I remember stereo guys would use whatever cloth they could get cheap to build the elaborate shapes for the sub boxes, and they worked great.

familyman03

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
Originally Posted by familyman03
congratulations and remember to put god and her first and it will always work out for ya
:ROFL:

Believe me it really does work, try it, a whole lot of prayer, and a whole lot of doing for her before yourself, works miracles. (yes miracles still happen) Just do not offer to air up your skinny blonde co-workers tire a week after you tell your wife to go to the store for her own!!!(see now that is funny) :ROFL:

Gervahlt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Asheville, NC
Good luck when you do the next test fill. :clap

Gasha

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Rhode Island
hey pete, great build!! i haven't read every page yet, but just so you know(if it wasn't addressed) thermal imaging can find leaks... you know those ghost shows they have the video camera to detect body heat n such... well companies use this to find leaks..... don't know if it will help or not but don't want to see you have to go buy a liner after all your work. GOOD LUCK! GREAT BUILD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store