4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Open Water Predator

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
nolapete;4392450; said:
Before you go making any judgments, do some research or read the whole thread.

Permadri covers 20 - 30 sq. ft. per gallon. I wasn't skimping on the coat from the beginning.

If you're disappointed, then please unsubscribe and discontinue following the thread. I'm so sick of people who haven't so much as built a DIY sponge filter making peanut gallery comments about the progress of this tank. If I'm not going fast enough for you, you're more than welcome to build your own.
fishbum;4392489; said:
You need help. :chillpill:
zennzzo;4392501; said:
Pete,
that was an exercise in patients, no doubt...
I do hope he reads my PM to him,
I didn't hold back,
as usual...:thumbsup: brother...
[I think you mean "patience". ;)]

Oscarum monstruoso;4392736; said:
Pete, Im very sorry my dumb comment upset you. I really didnt think it through. I want you to know Ive read the whole thread and Ive been following it for months, and I sincerely admire your drive and determination. I did not mean to come across that way. You hit the nail on the head I am total newb and in awe of monster projects such as yours. I let a dumb comment get away from me and its not how I meant to come across. In all honesty, I was busting balls but how could you tell and besides, I dont even know you well enough to expect you to take it as such.
:popcorn:

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
zennzzo;4392824; said:
There's a good man, I for one am glad you publicly corrected youself...
Like I said, the amount of wisdom and experience we all can learn from Pete's project is priceless, and loosing it would be a shame...Thanks Pete :thumbsup: "M"
No question there. The experience is invaluable, and Ive gotten to know more than just the build, but the builder as well. Pete comes across as one heck of a good guy as well, I wish I knew people half as interesting and knowledgeable as him in real life.

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
lol you know now that I'm building a 450g using the glass from a 135g I realize how long these builds actually take. There's like a zillion things to do on them you forget about. when I first came to mfk I might have assumed that you could toss one of these together in a couple days, now i know a couple weeks is dreaming and a couple months is dreaming for anything larger than 500g.

pete just keep on with what you're doing, you're one of the most faithful project posters on here so really I see no reason why anyone would complain (they must not have seen the hundred or so abandoned project logs on here).

btw has your truck been fixed yet? or has insurance worked that out yet?

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Non tank related blah blah blah...

Their insurance company is giving me $1500 more than the Kelly Blue Book excellent condition value for my truck. They use JD Power to compare comparable vehicles currently for sale in the area then average and deduct/add for whatever they see fit in their formula. I can't complain. Buying engagement ring, putting $1000 aside for wedding, fixing a couple things on her car and I'll be driving it. Sucks being without a truck, but such is life. I'll get another truck or a trailer soon enough. It's definitely cramping our craiglist free/cheap stuff addiction though.

Water heater is replaced due to the efforts of my great friend and soon to be best man, Ken. Home warranty is only going to pay me for what I spent and not give me the amount they said to actually fix it.

Washing machine decided to act up, so yet another thing to have to spend money and time on. Supposedly, home warranty is sending someone out Friday morning.

Thread related hoohah...

Thanks Z and anyone else who jumped to my defense.

To the guy who said chill, "read between the lines."

To the guy who manned up and apologized. Thanks. Good to see someone take responsibility for his actions.

To Jonathan, my friend, thanks for always making me laugh out loud. I needed that.

Tank related...

Tank has been drying out. I'm most likely going to spend this evening coating 30" down with the 2 or so gallons left in the partial 5 gallon bucket. That is about 100 sq. ft. to cover. It will be adding 40% of the 20 sq. ft. per gallon coverage to the existing coating.

Since the coating around the bulkhead holes was applied thicker from the get go (it was brushed on instead of rolled) I'm not going to bother removing them to coat right by the holes.

nitrofish1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
Northern Illinois
that was quite the post there pete.

but i guess thats why they call it life eh?

keep up the good work.

nitro

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store