4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
I like the idea someone had about applying a layer of mesh in the corners and doing another layer of rubber. Of course, the usual disclaimer is that I am just an onlooker. I know people are getting a bit testy in here.. I think Hondas3000 was just telling a story about what worked and didn't work for him.. people seem to be getting overly defensive..

Good luck with your tank Pete, I have followed you this whole time, I started when you started your first thread. I'm sure you'll get it to work.

EllTee424

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
NoVA
nolapete;4423887;4423887 said:
Thanks Leoknight. It's posts like yours that keep me going.

Gf says I should put more coats on it instead of testing.
I've been mostly lurking here, but I think she may be on to something, and it's the most logical (remaining) reason to the recurring leak problem...

If there's a small hole, and you're just barely covering it with the latest coat, then when you test-fill it you're re-puncturing that hole, since the single layer still isn't enough to hold back the water pressure from 30" of fill depth.

Kind of like if you have a sprained ankle or some other injury, and you use it too much because it's feeling better, but it's not all the way healed and you re-injure it.

Awesome build, just ignore the armchair quarterbacks who think they know everything but haven't built anything bigger than a 55 gallon perfecto. ;)

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Ross, you know I was referring to you. :D

Gf keeps accelerating the wedding date and it seems like there's always something else to do when I get home. I'm really trying to get this thing done guys/gals.

Sept. 19th I'm hosting a swap meet/silent auction for the aquarium club and would love to have fish in the tank by then. I am going to have it full of water and one of the barrel filters going that day even if it's still leaking. I also want to have water in the pond, so lots to do before then.

Sept. 18th we're having a garage sale. The next couple weeks is going to be extremely busy!

blacktarotannis

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Deltona, Fl
www.youtube.com
You should get a bunch of people who live near you from here to help you. You could stand there with a clip board and give people jobs lol. Just don't let anyone drink cause they just might fill the tank. Videos will surface of people swimming in it lol :nilly:

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
nolapete;4430983; said:
I am going to have it full of water and one of the barrel filters going that day even if it's still leaking!
:eek: :screwy:

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
nolapete;4430983; said:

Gf keeps accelerating the wedding date and it seems like there's always something else to do when I get home. I'm really trying to get this thing done guys/gals.

Sept. 19th I'm hosting a swap meet/silent auction for the aquarium club and would love to have fish in the tank by then. I am going to have it full of water and one of the barrel filters going that day even if it's still leaking. I also want to have water in the pond, so lots to do before then.

Sept. 18th we're having a garage sale. The next couple weeks is going to be extremely busy!
Pete I feel for you man!!
You have so many things happening in your life but I know all will work out well for you.
GL with the wedding and I hope you get the big monster up and leak free soon.
I would love to learn more about your DIY filters in time.
Stay positive and keep riding that bike as often as you can but remember that sex is better than any other exercise :naughty:.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
nolapete;4430983; said:

man Pete,
that sounds like another full-time job right there.
I guess it'll go with the two you already have... ;)
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store