4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Thanks for the kind words.

That hitman err hitmonkey is cool.

I had my mechanics do some repairs to my gf's subaru (driver's side cv axle, replace a couple belts, check starter, and oil change). They couldn't find the reason it randomly doesn't start and recommended an automotive electrician they use. Taking it over there Monday morning.

I had to bike from the mechanic shop to work and then home on Wednesday, home to work then back to the mechanic yesterday, and decided to bike to and from work today even though I didn't have to. It's 7.5 miles to work and 2.9 miles to the mechanic from there. So 10 miles the last two days and 7.5 so far today. I'm 245ish, so it's not like I don't need the exercise. I'm going to bike it to work during September to see if I like it. So far so good. I suspended my parking ($145 per month) in the garage and after I turn in the plate from the truck, I'll cancel my auto insurance. ($66 a month) Nice little chunk of change ($211) and I get fit to boot.

90 gallon ended up not being the regular 48"x18"x24" size, but the narrow super tall type. The canopy and stand are solid wood with black on the bottom and top of the stand and part of the canopy and the rest stained. Looks real nice. The gf asked me if I was going to put an octopus in it. She knows me so well. I need to get a bulkhead for it and probably will just put some of the fish from the pond in the garage in it for now. After everything moves into the big tank, I'll set it up salt and after it's up and running 6 months I'll get another octopus. I had one that laid eggs for me when I was 19. She was very cool. I believe an O. vulgaris about 30-36" from tip to tip.

We ended up going to Sam's after dealing with the tank, so no fill test. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it tonight.

dirtbikerider

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Louisiana
Best of luck on this fill test Pete. I think ya got it this time.

blacktarotannis

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Deltona, Fl
www.youtube.com
thermal imaging camera? That would really help?
I have to keep checking every now and then.... I don't want to miss anything lol. Oh and the thing with your girlfriends car sounds like what happened to me. My car didn't start today and comes to find out it was the sensor that wasn't reading right. Something with the fuel and the lines being clogged.

Leoknight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
New York
Wow. I just caught myself up on this thread! Way to go Pete, keep it up!

As for all of you lazys with too much to says and critical words like you are all professionals, I have this quote for you.
"Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking." -Mr. Albert Einstein

If you have so much bs to say then get off your asses and try it on your own. For every man with dumb comments I dare you to post all of your pictures of your 4000gallon builds, until then I am confident that Pete has more experience then most of us by just trying and so far he has done a damn good job.

Pete I give great respect to your build, not only has it impacted your house but it has also moved your life. What a sense of pride you must have. Keep it up!

-Leoknight

FS 8" VATF
FS 2 7" Armatus

Gervahlt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Asheville, NC
I can understand her viewpoint and it's probably very valid (besides the points scored for listening to her *grin*).

My only question is out of a lack of knowledge: is there any drawbacks to having "too thick" of a coat of liquid rubber? It seems to me that I've run across a few products where too much actually was a bad thing. I have no idea if that applies to liquid rubber though and would like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store