4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
At this point you have to shoot small bird with canon, just start over, and do it all again.. I would fiberglass.
He always has the liner idea to fall back on. Fiberglass isn't a guarantee - as you know.

kallmond

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2009
Hanover, PA
Hey Pete. it's been a long time since I posted here, but just wanted to say I'm stoked about your progress, and that I know you can kick this things ass. You're so close!

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
What i know, is that im a terrible fiberglasser\epoxy applyer :) Its not the fiberglass`s fault that an amature is working with it :)
It's a pretty great material... that wasn't meant as a personal dig though, there are others who've had leaks. I'd even go so far as to say it's probably the best choice for lining large plywood tanks if it's done right. A liner however is pretty fool proof except for the window.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
If I had to do it over and it was available at the time I started, I would go with Max ACR hands down. Lay fiberglass mat, or at the very least mix in loose fiberglass, in the corners with the Max ACR. Colorant is available from the Max ACR people, so there's no need to use Sweetwater paint to color it whatever color you want.

To the naysayers who think I should start over. Start your own build before you make idiotic comments like that. I have all of about 6 to 8 weeks of actual work in this build. The elapsed time it has taken to get to this point simply means nothing more than I HAVE A LIFE! Why don't you go get one and stop posting your negative BS here. There's a saying that goes, "If you don't have anything positive to say, don't say anything at all."

To all the people who have encouraged me to not give up on this build, THANK YOU! Without your comments to offset the inherent negativity of the peanut gallery, I wouldn't still be posting here.

galabar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2011
Bellevue, WA
If I had to do it over and it was available at the time I started, I would go with Max ACR hands down. Lay fiberglass mat, or at the very least mix in loose fiberglass, in the corners with the Max ACR. Colorant is available from the Max ACR people, so there's no need to use Sweetwater paint to color it whatever color you want.

To the naysayers who think I should start over. Start your own build before you make idiotic comments like that. I have all of about 6 to 8 weeks of actual work in this build. The elapsed time it has taken to get to this point simply means nothing more than I HAVE A LIFE! Why don't you go get one and stop posting your negative BS here. There's a saying that goes, "If you don't have anything positive to say, don't say anything at all."

To all the people who have encouraged me to not give up on this build, THANK YOU! Without your comments to offset the inherent negativity of the peanut gallery, I wouldn't still be posting here.
I hope I'm not one of the naysayers, and I'm really looking forward to seeing this build completed. :)

For me, the only put off would be your very aggressive attitude in defending techniques that, as yet, haven't shown conclusive results. You seem to speak from a position of absolute certainty about certain approaches. You might want to tone that down a bit until you actually show that they have worked, rather than having to reverse course after stating unequivocally that a certain technique was sure to work and anyone that disagreed was part of the "peanut gallery."

Again, I want to see this thing work. However, you need to be less "Baghdad Bob," and tone it down a bit, at least when making "conclusive" statements about the feasibility of (as yet) unproven techniques.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
I hope I'm not one of the naysayers, and I'm really looking forward to seeing this build completed. :)

For me, the only put off would be your very aggressive attitude in defending techniques that, as yet, haven't shown conclusive results. You seem to speak from a position of absolute certainty about certain approaches. You might want to tone that down a bit until you actually show that they have worked, rather than having to reverse course after stating unequivocally that a certain technique was sure to work and anyone that disagreed was part of the "peanut gallery."

Again, I want to see this thing work. However, you need to be less "Baghdad Bob," and tone it down a bit, at least when making "conclusive" statements about the feasibility of (as yet) unproven techniques.
I do tend to agree here. Though I'm sure there will be some pouncing upon you for saying this. It's pete's build and pete's thread and it remains to be seen whether the design premise is the problem here or not, but I do take issue with the position of certainty many people take (not just pete) on what works and what doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store