4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Oh cool, found that the pack of Philips bits has 3 different sizes including the one that I need. Thought it was 7 of the same size. Lots more progress tomorrow night before the Saints vs. Patriots on Monday night!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Started working on the 32 gallon canisters. I have to go to Lowe's tomorrow at lunch to pickup some pvc fittings to retrofit the two holes in the top of them. The plan is for the water to enter the larger hole and exit the smaller one which will feed a pump that will return water to the tank. I don't know which media I will use in the canisters, but I suspect they will be more chemical than biological, but there is the possibility of both. Only time and experimentation will tell.

003.JPG

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I'm feeling antsy about the lack of 2x6 tabs tying in the back wall to the floor, so I think I'm going to do one of two things:

1) get 8"-10" lag bolts and bolt the floor to the back wall from both sides alternating every foot.

or

2) get 12" threaded rod and bolt the floor the the back wall every 18"

Opinions?

spiff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2007
midwest
Some of those 10" decking screws might make that an easy job. As it says on the box, "They zip right in!". Then you can connect the back wall to your interior floor with out removing anything or drilling in the concrete.

I would put a washer on the heads though in your case.

kallmond

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2009
Hanover, PA
Sorry, you'll have to forgive my flu-addled brain at the moment, but what are you trying to prevent (or accomplish) by lag bolting the back wall to the floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store