4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a cool tank you're building. I wish I could do something like this. If it was me, i'd have a center column of lavarock all the way to the top and a substrate of sand. I'd have Java fern plants, then thousands of tropical fish, nothing too big, maybe a school of tinfoil barbs being the biggest.

Great work and thanks for sharing!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
The test gallon of liquid rubber Pond Coat should arrive Wednesday, so depending on how that goes will determine when the tank gets coated or if I have to go with another option. I'm really in no rush to get it done, especially with 4300 gallons of water.

Rich's quickness on getting his 1500 done was more an exception than the rule. He was super speedy and I know you guys all loved that. I'm trying to get it done with the limited time I have to actually work on it. Roommate is leaving on vacation Saturday, so hopefully the time she's gone will be very productive.

spiff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2007
midwest
Is that some early gill curl on that RTC?

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Yeah, the couple who had him most likely had him in a tank way too small and I don't think he was in all that great a shape when they got him. His head is actually smooshed in like someone stepped on him. I gave him, my two last silver arowanas, and a 16" pacu to a friend for Christmas presents. Another friend gave me a perfect rtc yesterday. I was going to buy it from him, but he no showed me on Saturday 6 am, so it gave it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store