4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
nolapete;3708754; said:
The statement he made isn't accurate. I don't work on the tank past 7 pm since she goes to bed early. During the day, I don't give a rats rear end about how much noise I make.

I do my best work after 7pm though.....:D

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Me too. That's why I've expressed aggravation about it. I'm a night owl.

Ken didn't make it over Monday, so he's supposed to show up tomorrow night to help with some work on the tank and the fish room.

The test gallon of Pond Coat arrived today from Permadri. Very nice packaging. The box actually has insulation in it to protect the product from the cold weather.

We'll see what happens.

kallmond

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2009
Hanover, PA
For the record, I meant no disrespect. I was only making a joke. I have a huge amount of respect for the amount of work you've done and knowledge you have.

Arthur

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2005
michigan
I've been following this build, even more so since you've decided to go with liquid rubber. I'm wanting to build a new tank for my turtle and am considering using liquid rubber, because it's cheaper, and more flexible. I was thinking about coating the tank in liquid rubber and possibly using thin acrylic sheets for protection against my turtle's claws.

I was wondering if you were going to use any of your test gallon in the way of liquid rubber bonded to wood, and then bonding acrylic to the rubber using dow 795, which is what I think you used to seal your acrylic. I would be greatly interested if acrylic could be bonded to liquid rubber

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Acrylic just needs to be sanded a little to rough it up and liquid rubber will bond to it. I haven't tested the interaction with liquid rubber and dow 795, but that will be soon.

Liquid rubber is not cheaper than Pond Armor. It is actually about the same price or slightly higher. Blue Max, the original product I was going to use, is about 1/3 the cost of Pond Coat (liquid rubber US name).

I'm going to use Blue Max most likely in my 2500 gallon indoor pond or maybe to test on a hard plastic pool I have to make it fish safe and more durable. I just wish Blue Max was available in other colors, but then it wouldn't be called Blue Max I guess.

Ken and I were able to get some things done in the fish room and on the tank. We couldn't continue working on the front seal because there's part of the plywood that needs to be trimmed down and the router bit broke. He's coming by Saturday morning to work some more on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store