4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Is it sealed? Are the fish in? What's the stocklist? haha. It's my turn now! Not for long if I get started on my tank build.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
necrocanis;3946621; said:
Is it sealed? Are the fish in? What's the stocklist? haha. It's my turn now! Not for long if I get started on my tank build.
Haha, funny man, funny.

Still not quite warm enough yet to coat the tank, but close.

Stocklist...1000 - 1400 cardinal tetras :D

===

The more I see RTC x TSNs the more I like them and anyone who knows me knows I hate hybrids, but those look so cool.

The tank was built to grow out Arapaima, but initial stock after I take pics of the cardinals is going to be fish I already have. Bocourti, leucistic giant gourami, RTC, marble sleeper goby, fat sleeper goby, banded leporinus, flagtail prochilodus, and I'm sure a lot of fish from my friend Jack's 2600 gallon tank.

I'm going to sell the cardinals really cheap, but still will make some money towards recouping some of the build costs.

I just had a tank/supplies auction and sold off all my smaller tanks and a couple 75s. Enough to buy a couple of the Hammerhead pumps I need. Still need to sell some other stuff to buy the other 2.

Things are a little tight since I booted the roommate last month, but I like being able to work on things at 3 am if I can't sleep.

xdragonxb0i

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2009
Arkansas
pete how much you gonna sell your pond coat for?

Open Water Predator

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
nolapete;3947397; said:
The more I see RTC x TSNs the more I like them and anyone who knows me knows I hate hybrids, but those look so cool.
Ah, the sweet, precious, fading foreglimpse of a crumbling ideology. The outward demonstration of an internal struggle. Shine on you crazy diamond.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
nolapete;3947397; said:
Haha, funny man, funny.

Still not quite warm enough yet to coat the tank, but close.

Stocklist...1000 - 1400 cardinal tetras :D

===

The tank was built to grow out Arapaima, but initial stock after I take pics of the cardinals is going to be fish I already have. Bocourti, leucistic giant gourami, RTC, marble sleeper goby, fat sleeper goby, banded leporinus, flagtail prochilodus, and I'm sure a lot of fish from my friend Jack's 2600 gallon tank.

I'm going to sell the cardinals really cheap, but still will make some money towards recouping some of the build costs.

I just had a tank/supplies auction and sold off all my smaller tanks and a couple 75s. Enough to buy a couple of the Hammerhead pumps I need. Still need to sell some other stuff to buy the other 2.

Things are a little tight since I booted the roommate last month, but I like being able to work on things at 3 am if I can't sleep.
No dwarf caimen? How bout frt? lol, jk. Will be cool to see this up and running. I'll definitely have to stop in and say hi at least if I'm on my way to NC to visit my mommy! I just got through disecting my now departed rtc x tsn. Turns out the big boy was actually a big girl! lol. What a tough fish, and the skin was incredibly thick. Like cutting through a really tough piece of leather.:WHOA: Makes me kinda sad, but I think I'll be more over this whole thing once the skeleton is mounted. Man this thing is huge.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Might have been just a tad off subject! GO tank!

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
Props to Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store