4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good! can't wait to see more pics :)

on a side note, if it were my tank, which it is not, obviously...
i'd create a giant center column of lavarock stretching above the waterline, and have a giant assortment of tropical fish, with the biggest being tinfoils or silver dollars or discus. :) Sort of a freshwater reef of sorts :)

oh the possibilities!

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
The problem with a big tank like this...is it would make it hard to pick one setup and you would need more big tanks lol.

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
nolapete;3983796; said:
If I have any left over after coating the outside, I'm considering putting a single coat on the outside too.
How come? Just to use up any that is left over? Or is there a structural reason for this?

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
fishbum;3992279; said:
How come? Just to use up any that is left over? Or is there a structural reason for this?
Exactly the reason TheFishGuy said. The outside of the tank is bound to get wet or damp. A single coat will take maybe a gallon or so and will protect the outside from moisture.

I had 28 tanks up until recently. Sold off everything under 65 gallons. Need to find another 75 though for the bottom level of a stand I made. 65 is too tall.

There's never enough tanks. I'm working toward the 4300 being the only tank in the main part of the house though.

=====

Figured out how to do the floor. I can do the entire floor as long as I leave a space for the ladder. I was able to walk on the floor 5 minutes after I coated it and barely left any shoe prints. The ladder did take up two small spots though when I put my weight on it to get out. It wasn't dry, so I don't think there will be a problem if I alternate sides of the tank.

I poured some on the floor then rolled it out. Really easy to work it to where it was even.

Tomorrow night I have something to go to then I plan to come home and trim out all the bare surfaces. Starting Saturday I plan to do a coat a day on the entire tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store