4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Aggravated about missing the performance I was going to see. Texas spring break invasion left zero parking in the Quarter, so after 30 minutes of looking for a spot, all lots full, I headed home. I was already running late, so that made it worse.

Trimmed out the first coat on the tank, so now the first coat is complete and the entire surface that touches water has coating. I didn't put any on the acrylic. I want to tape that off before I do.

DSCN0023.JPG

DSCN0024.JPG

DSCN0025.JPG

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
:jaw-dropp

Soon gonna see fish swiming in that thing. :headbang2:

TheFishGuy;3992574; said:
Do the out side off all your tank stay completely dry?

Mine don't!
I am staining the outside of my tank, what would you suggest as a water proofer?

BTW Pete just wanter to say again :jaw-dropp

sazhar

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2009
Yorkville, IL
Just finished going through the thread, (took a couple of days) and that tank is simply unbelievable! With all the time and effort you put in to this tank, I hope you're going to charge addmission to everyone that walks in that room. I'd pay to spend a couple hours in front of that tank once it up and running!

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
sazhar;3995743; said:
Just finished going through the thread, (took a couple of days) and that tank is simply unbelievable! With all the time and effort you put in to this tank, I hope you're going to charge addmission to everyone that walks in that room. I'd pay to spend a couple hours in front of that tank once it up and running!
So would I!

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
Thanks for the kind words. I hope it lives up to all the hype :D
With the scale and grandeur of the project, I think it will easily surpass the hype. For all the builds I have looked at, you are setting the bar for indoor plywood tanks.:headbang2

kallmond

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2009
Hanover, PA
Looking great! How long does it need to cure between coats? And about how long is it taking you to apply each coat? Does it dry a different shade? I'm wondering how hard it will be to know where you've applied the 2nd coat, and/or if you've missed any spots. And lastly, how many coats are you going to apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store