Above the Tavern with Parka!

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
USA
Whoa! That thing must really go, wouldn't need a windshield if it didn't move on out. Yeah, you're getting to be quite the aquatic horticulturist and chemist too! Did I hear hints of a possible second pond?

Reactions: Parka

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
Parka Parka , Self reporting!

1. I finally ID'd those tiny fish that hatched in the Mighty Chicago. I swear when they hatched, they were a tiny thread with two dots for the head, super tiny!
They are Fancy Goldfish, my favorite type too, they are called Shebunkins and even though I was raising other Shebunkins in the Chicago, I'm still mostly convinced that these fish eggs came in on some plants I bought in late winter.

I have about a dozen of these and they were never fed, they have managed and seem to be thriving, had I fed them, maybe they would be bigger. I plan to catch or trap them and raise them in the Hard Working Akron, the Akron got about 80% water change today. I really want to separate the Koi from the Goldfish. Because the Goldfish get pummeled by the Koi, I feel certain that my Goldfish will be much less stressed, and happier, without their Clydesdale Carp Cousins running roughshod over the water column!

Here are a few of the new guys! About an 1-1/2" I still have some smeared silicone to clean up some day, It is NOT a concern!
Baby Chebunkins.jpg

This next pic is a covering of Water Lettuce across the right half of Chicago. Yesterday and today I removed all those Water Lettuce plants and trimmed all the roots way back and then tossed the crowns back in the tank. The roots were very thick and 20 inches long, and the new roots will grow back pretty fast to help condition and purify the water for re-use!
more water lettuce.jpg

2. I have NOT bean Loafing Off, right now all my bones and joints are ready for light to medium Action, I have plenty to keep me rolling!
This here Beauty is Milk Money, of the Milk Family and she really is a favorite of all the other Fantastic & Acrobatic Splashers, she is a Mermaid! I'm so lucky. For Real!
Ms. Milk Money.jpg

Ryan Day, not well!.jpg

Akron 75_ empty.jpg

funnel trap.jpg

Attachments

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
Parka Parka , Self Reporting, Special Report!

1. This month I plan to begin cutting plywood for the next build, The Magnificent NYC of Plywood Aquariums! I do NOT get excited! My Inner Junkie sure does, though, whoa! Let us Worship Together, Monster to Friendly Monster!

Good Morning and Good DAY!

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
USA
Are you sure your goldfish didn't spawn? I've never seen goldfish fry in real life, but the finnage and body shape on the little guy looks like a goldfish to me.
Hey, I guessed right! Congratulations, awesome! 12 new names to come up with. Plant growth is tremendous. Maybe you can get some trade in credit for your excess at a local fish store.

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
Hey, I guessed right! Congratulations, awesome! 12 new names to come up with. Plant growth is tremendous. Maybe you can get some trade in credit for your excess at a local fish store.
I think you were right all along. Because the plants I suspected had eggs on them, it was a clump of Moneywort and it was sealed in a plastic bag without water with a root ball in a damp growing medium. Plus the fact that the 'random' fish eggs from elsewhere, they are the same breed I already have. However, I sure am glad I got a bunch of pretty Shebunkins instead of plain ordinary feeder goldfish.

I already trapped 10 babies and put them in the Hard Working Akron, Pics pending!

I still have at least 4 more baby Bunkins enjoying the vast and flowing water of the Mighty Chicago!

Furthermore, I will top off the Chicago from the pool today. As you see in the pic below, the water in Chicago has cleared and this will be the last water transfer from the pool for the short term. I will be keeping my Koi in the outdoor pool for the immediate time being. My Goldies Shall be Spoiled! Plus the Koi will love that pool, I already knew that!
hoop net easy to use.jpg

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
USA
Do you have any potential predators around? The pics look like there are some semi-wild areas adjacent to your yard. Raccoons would worry me. Great Blue Herons? The koi will probably enjoy the pond setting, but sure wouldn't want them to get eaten!

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
USA
My beware of predators warning is just my "glass half empty" outlook I guess. Once they discover food, Its hard to keep a 'coon away. Looks like all that fellow wanted was a drink of water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store