Albino Ruby Oscar

packer43064

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Ohio
Don't feed feeders(that sounds dumb) they could have parasites. He was probaly fed something different than your feeding, and is stressed from the new surroundings. Give it a week tops then if he's not eating then might want to try diff foods to see how he reacts to each one. Your fine though, Oscars can be really picky with what they eat.

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
Mumtron;3026305; said:
lol. those run for 5 bucks here for 2.5 inchers.
Show some pictures of the ones for $5. I believe you can get albino reds but not ruby reds. This is an outstanding oscar and not the common ones you find at lfs.

Ravyn_Smoke

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Winfield, Kansas
I wouldn't worry much about him not eating. Oscars will almost always sulk when they're surroundings change, some for a few days and others up to a week. He'll be out and about in no time and begging like a dog.

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
:iagree: When i got my oscar, he sulked for 2 days. But, since then he begs for food whenever i pass the tank.

Banjardini

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Snorecal
Yeah I agree with the guy that says its worth 5 bucks I saw them at my lfs but didn't buy it cause it might be a dyed fish, as for the eyes I wasn't paying attention cause it was marked as "albino ruby oscar" so i don't know if it was red or black they were around 2-3". And oscar sulking is very normal I once had one that even turned down blood worms.

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
nice O, i never see even one albino red around here much less a ruby like that

Tstove15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
Smokey Dungeon
that oscar is not worth 5 dollars let alone can you get one for 5 dollars.

quikksilver8

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2009
Clearwater
honestly i looked everywhere and where i'm located in florida a 5-6 in albino ruby goes for 45 the only reason that i got it for 30 is because the owner of the pet store had never seen one so in order to see one he gave me a price break so it was a win win situation. I think he was worth it cuz ive never seen one either. And to top it off he was bigger than the 5-6 in i was told i'd get.

about the feeders, i know the feeder FISH are bad but i was just trying different foods to entyce him. how do you guys feel about ghost shrimp because i did get him to eat a few of those. Are they just as bad.

quikksilver8

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2009
Clearwater
o ya and deffinitely not dyed. at his size it would deffinitely have faded> plus you can just tell when a fish is dyed or injected with ink

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store