Albino Ruby Oscar

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
I've fed some of mine ghost shrimp from time to time but mainly the picky eels. My oscars all eat pellets, shrimp, fish, tank mates, my fingers. Not really picky once they adapt. Usually the problem is to stop feeding them. I'm going to have to check out this place you mentioned. Most of mine come from rescues or N-E Cichlids but always up for a new place.

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
Really be patient. I have a friend who got a 15" clown knife and it went 21 days before it ate and it was fine.

Ravyn_Smoke

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Winfield, Kansas
Everyone on here is right about feeding him. Offer only pellets until he takes them. He will eventually, he's not going to let himself starve. He'll get over sulking and then he'll be begging food from you. Once he's eating good you can add treats like shrimp, krill, worms, crickets, grubs, frozen foods, etc. Just remember that you want the majority of his diet to be pellets and everything else as occasional treats.

quikksilver8

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2009
Clearwater
Cool but annoying..... So its been 6 days now since hes been hiding in his lil corner..... Still not eating maybe the occasional pellet that he sifts through the sand. Should i be worried yet... cuz im worried. How come only the fish i really like give me problems.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
have you been talking to it

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
im telling ya man if you are rooting for a fish you have to talk to it, they certainly dont understand the words but they do understand the emotion.

I had a fish that was struggling so much to stay alive and I absolutely believe that my talking to it letting it know that I wanted it to live helped it survive and flourish.

Since fish are living creatures I believe there is a connection based on emotion that they get when you talk to them, call me crazy but it's one thing I do with my fish to a great degree because I personally believe fish are smart.

Try talking to it see what happens.

Ravyn_Smoke

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Winfield, Kansas
Even at 6 days I wouldn't be worried. Just give him some time.

Something else I've recently thought of is your lights. If you've been turning the lights in his aquarium on try leaving them off. Some Oscars, especially Lutinos/Albinos can be sensitive to bright light. Leaving the lights off might help him stop sulking and come out more. Once he's done sulking he'll probably be fine with the lights.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store