Status
Not open for further replies.

cchhcc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA USA
xtrememarinetanker;2497251; said:
Hi everyone, no I haven’t gone anywhere and I am definitely not going to let some talking heads scare me off, but they choose not to believe me on whether or not what I am going to do, listen if you live in USA you would know that some of the people are great however some are talk before you read, knuckle heads and skeptics with a mentality of judging before we see proof of anything. Just look at Roger Clemens , Barry Bonds, and others who are judged without merit or evidence
Good luck......sounds fun!

........but the Barry Bonds no evidence thing is a little off base! :naughty:

tylerperkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
wi
zennzzo;2497678; said:
11-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Thread started...:screwy:
my bad looked at the wrong thing

but still 16 pages and not one pic

xtrememarinetanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Hi everyone you know I am taking into suggestions of lowering the tank and widening the tank as well so when I come up with some new specs I will post them allot of your post make since.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
tylerperkins;2497650; said:
16 pages not one pic no progress after months and months of talking I SAY CLOSE THIS THREAD
coolkeith;2497651; said:
xtreme- Maybe you should read my posts more carefully. I never said anything about how you were sealing the inside of the tank. I've worked with Aluminum for about 20 years. You need to prevent any contact from happening between the Aluminum and Carbon Fiber, which is the only reason why I mentioned fiberglass and epoxy. IMO, You couldn't have picked a worse combination of materials for an aquarium. Any good engineer would agree with me.
zennzzo;2497678; said:
11-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Thread started...:screwy:
Ben268;2498378; said:
Again I love the idea. I am very optimistic about this ^_^ can't wait for the pics. Ummm i do have to say that I personally would shorten and widen the tank, just due to the fact that it would actually hold more, and bigger fish more comfortably this way, also in my opionon it would look better. I do understand you want for being able to look up above you though, and i can appreciate that, just..in my opionon the purpose of a tank is the have the fish at eye level so you can see them up close. (although I love that giant whale shark exhibit)
Anyways thats my 2 cents
waiting on pics.
puffcrusader696;2498570; said:
i would shorten it to 6 feet... widen it to make up for volume loss and use a ton less lighting than the 15 ft. tank would require. less panel cost and less lighting cost. big saver. so simply stated just do what everyone else was saying!
patience is a vertu

Jgray152

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2006
NH
No Pictures! AHHHHH!!!

mjuniorc

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Fish Room
wow 17 pages and alot of reading... and no pics!!! sorry to harass... as i may envy you @ one point with your imagination and desire... but 1 pik can make a difference! maybe just show us where you plann and build the tank in your house? or show us your building matierials to show us this thread is LEGIT... or is this a DREAM TANK in search of ideas, for a future build, if so you should of labled your topic differently, because a humans IMAGINATION can go a long way? either way MIS LEADING may end this thread with........CLOSED!

jjdsplace

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2007
uk
To Build or Not to Build ???
how o how should i do it ???
hope you start soon as it seems that some are losing interest.

scratch head.jpg

head scratch.jpg

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
This is stupid. So many unanswered logistical and monetary questions, so many ignorant comments, so much research not even started... so many pictures not posted.

I plan to own a Carerra GT one day... I dunno where I'll get it, how I'll pay for it, where I'll keep it, or even what color it will be, but I'm going to do it. Can anyone help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store