Status
Not open for further replies.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
cvermeulen;2504144; said:
I plan to own a Carerra GT one day... I dunno where I'll get it, how I'll pay for it, where I'll keep it, or even what color it will be, but I'm going to do it. Can anyone help me out?
No problems bro...I'll sell you the one I'm gonna get...cool?

JIM

Banned
Nov 5, 2008
Indiana
A project of this magnatude, is completely out of the range of even MY imagination. However best of luck, If your looking for some advice and or just to pick someones brain, Contact Morgan @ Inland Aquatics, in Terre Haute, Ind. http://www.inlandaquatics.com/ He owns a very advanced store with a reasearch center included and supplies lots of fish and corals everywhere. Morgan is very well versed on anything Saltwater, and has a nice facility, both retail and wholesale.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
jimv8673;2506124; said:
A project of this magnatude, is completely out of the range of even MY imagination. However best of luck, If your looking for some advice and or just to pick someones brain, Contact Morgan @ Inland Aquatics, in Terre Haute, Ind. http://www.inlandaquatics.com/ He owns a very advanced store with a reasearch center included and supplies lots of fish and corals everywhere. Morgan is very well versed on anything Saltwater, and has a nice facility, both retail and wholesale.
Wow indeed, something positive, first in days

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
jimv8673;2506124; said:
^^^^^^^^^^Shameless Plug for Inland Aquatics^^^^^^^^^^

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

however, I agree, a positive post...

xtrememarinetanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to give my weekly update on what’s going on, we are almost done on the specification planning documents so I will be happy to post the specs here ASAP. Also I am happy to say we have locked down a great price for the acrylic panels cheaper than I ever expected at high grade we went with a Canadian plastics company that saved us as much as 15% of what I would have paid in the use. Where waiting for a couple of more things quote on the carbon fiber, and other equipment, and then we will start building I am excited. Thanks for the information about the Inland Aquatics I will check him out. And for those who are complaining about pictures sorry I am not going any fast than what I have too, it’s my house and I don’t want to wake up one morning with fishes all around my living floor. If you lose interest then (“BYE BYE”) nice to have had you. For those who are in for the ride and the great journey I appreciate your patience. I hope to have another post Friday to start loading some specification pictures. Thanks everyone! Have a great week!

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Patiently waiting it is then :popcorn:

sterling_mcdaniel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
idaho
we will see if this goes anywhere...... but i think not.
by-the-way xtanker how old are you????
you don't have to answer, but its killin me!!!

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
xtrememarinetanker;2514630; said:
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to give my weekly update on what’s going on, we are almost done on the specification planning documents so I will be happy to post the specs here ASAP. Also I am happy to say we have locked down a great price for the acrylic panels cheaper than I ever expected at high grade we went with a Canadian plastics company that saved us as much as 15% of what I would have paid in the use. Where waiting for a couple of more things quote on the carbon fiber, and other equipment, and then we will start building I am excited. Thanks for the information about the Inland Aquatics I will check him out. And for those who are complaining about pictures sorry I am not going any fast than what I have too, it’s my house and I don’t want to wake up one morning with fishes all around my living floor. If you lose interest then (“BYE BYE”) nice to have had you. For those who are in for the ride and the great journey I appreciate your patience. I hope to have another post Friday to start loading some specification pictures. Thanks everyone! Have a great week!
This seems like quite an undertaking. I wish you success, I would love to do something like this!

One thing I am dubious about is your use of carbon fiber. I have some experience with composites (I build high power rockets) and it seems fiberglass would be a much better choice. Carbon fiber's cost makes it practical only when a high strength-to-weight ratio is your primary goal. Another member posted earlier about possible electrolysis - carbon fiber is an excellent conductor. Add some dissimilar metals and an electrolyte (like saltwater) and you have a giant battery.

It seems that fiberglass or even kevlar cloth (which has its own set of application issues) would be a better choice and cheaper. Any reason you're est on carbon fiber?

ExoticEctotherms

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2007
South Jersey
xtrememarinetanker;2514630; said:
And for those who are complaining about pictures sorry I am not going any fast than what I have too, it’s my house and I don’t want to wake up one morning with fishes all around my living floor. If you lose interest then (“BYE BYE”) nice to have had you.

Couldn't agree more.....This isn't exactly something that should be rushed. What do you people want pics of? Its only been 2 weeks. :chillpill:

xtreme......good luck man. You are my new hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store