Bumpy the TSN jumped ship! :((

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I'm glad to hear that Bumpy is doing better. When I say I love your catfish, I mean it. You have some awesome Monster Catfish! :headbang2

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Any update on bumpy? That's an awful feeling. It's funny how when a fish that size comes out of the water it takes on a whole new scale. My 14" TSN is just a wee baby, but moving him last weekend made him seem a lot bigger than he looks in the tank!

I can't believe bumpy grew that much in 18 months man... i've had mine for about 6 and he's gone from 2" to 14"... I had hoped he'd slow down a bit so I could collect my wits and build him a suitable tank in time. I guess I better get started sooner than later.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Best wishes and good luck w/ bumpy. Thats one hella of a strong cat...he'll pull through. And what a beauty!

DucatiDragster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2008
Bay Area
Happy endings are always nice.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Wow, gone for a few hours and many, many greatings from everyone. Ok, so update on bumpy is he's breathing fine, and seems to be calmed down, but everytime he stops swimming he flips upside down. I'm pretty sure that he just needs time to degas his swim bladder. He obviously had to use it to extract oxygen from the atmosphere while he was out of the tank. Seems to be reacting fine, just can't stay upright. Hopefully he can degas his bladder on his own. Thanks again to everyone for their words of encouragement. His wiskers are very deteriorated now. I know it's a risk moving him, but probably tonight he will be moved for treatment, and hopefully he'll make it. It's one of those tough choices. Leave him and risk losing all my fish, or seperate him and risk losing him to stress.

blurock

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2008
Washington
Poor Bumpy! Best of wishes with him necro... can't believe he jumped... must have been showing off for one of the good lookin girl kitties in the pond.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
glad to hear bumpy is doing better....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store