Bumpy the TSN jumped ship! :((

Lion8974

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2008
Las Vegas
Necrocanis,

I know I lurk here more than I post. The forums for our whiskered monsters are just a wealth of experience and fellow support. I had said in the past that your posts have been the most entertaining when it comes to seeing your cats grow and your newly acquired ones joining your family.

You care for your cats very much and it shows. They may be "fish" to some, but to us who own them, they are no different to someone elses dog or cat. We love them the same way... With that, I know Bumpy knows this and it was meant for you to find him. You guys needed another adventure for the family album.

Remember... Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People (and TSN's) Do!

You got my support and thoughts!

Cichla dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
Springfield MA
www.facebook.com
hope your tsn heals hes pretty.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Lion8974;2241873; said:
Necrocanis,

I know I lurk here more than I post. The forums for our whiskered monsters are just a wealth of experience and fellow support. I had said in the past that your posts have been the most entertaining when it comes to seeing your cats grow and your newly acquired ones joining your family.

You care for your cats very much and it shows. They may be "fish" to some, but to us who own them, they are no different to someone elses dog or cat. We love them the same way... With that, I know Bumpy knows this and it was meant for you to find him. You guys needed another adventure for the family album.

Remember... Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People (and TSN's) Do!

You got my support and thoughts!
Thanks. Seems like I lose a fish around this time every year to some unforseen incident that can't be helped. Last year a heater failure took my 18" jau. The year before the big boy killed my 26" planiceps. I just don't want this again this year. I really appreciate everyone's words. I'm still a little concerned as to his well being. Seems like I'll go check one hour and he'll be upright and moving, and the next time he's upside down barely breathing. Not to mention his tattered wiskers, and raw spots all over. I had to move him to my 50 gal hospital pond because the oscars were picking at him. Lumpy my oldest tsn was trying to fend them off for unknown reasons, but I have rescued too many of them and they outnumber lumpy's attempts. Also in some strange news now lumpy seems to be having problems with his swim bladder as well. He didn't jump, but now all of a sudden he can't stay upright either. :WHOA::(. I would be really sad if something happend to lumpy. He's my buddy to the end. I've been hand feeding lumpy since he was 1.5". I watched as he grew into the deformed lovable fish that I now own. He's nearly 2 now. He'd be as big as bumpy if not for his short cranium. One tsn is a disaster, 2 is devestation. I can't really explain lumpy's affliction other than increased aireation. So I took out the extra air. Bumpy is in a qt for now, and hopefully will survive the night. Here's some pics of bumpy from earlier.

IMG_6042.JPG

IMG_6044.JPG

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Oh no, not another TSN dude. May be lumpy is feeling bumpy's discomfort. Keep us posted

LBathory

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
New Jersey
geeze im really sorry bro... when it rains it pours. good luck with everything I wish you the best.

uncwnells

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Wilmington, NC
Maybe there is something in the tank that is causing both tsns stress, and bumpys reaction was to jump while lumpy chose not too. Good luck, beautiful fish, and they seem like they are in knowledgeable hands!

basslover34

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Montreal
Ah Crap.. don't you hate it when you can't figure out why a fish is sick...My 2 cents is that the increased airation and the stress of trying to defend Bumpy has taken it's toll on Lumpy as well... (I don't know if fish have "sympathy pains" or not )

Seems like TSN's are funny like that, when sick they can't seem to keep the bottomside down, perhaps its that needle like shape that makes them more prone to flipping

silverdragon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
DOWN UNDER!
www.myspace.com
that sucks bigtime! Hope he pulls through man, good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store