Dainichi vs NLS. Let's have a real discussion on which is best!

bobgobucks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Rockport, TX
I see Mike, but have you tried Dainichi? I have seen politicians who do not dodge questions as effectively as you! LOL

bobgobucks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Rockport, TX
I am not set against it. I have merely asked why you think NLS is better than dianichi because unlike me, you have tried both. Plus, from where I am sitting, NLS is harder to obtain. Where to buy NLS is my next question. What can you suggest?

Marius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
bobgobucks;2779629; said:
I am not set against it. I have merely asked why you think NLS is better than dianichi because unlike me, you have tried both. Plus, from where I am sitting, NLS is harder to obtain. Where to buy NLS is my next question. What can you suggest?
www.kensfish.com ships and it's quite cheap

About the NLS - Dainichi thing... It's a matter of taste and trust, or keep it simple if you will. If something works, don't fix it, right?!?

I had kept a lot of very sensitive species and when I bought NLS there was no Dainichi available. Keeping Tropheus species is a gamble in itself, so once the product proved itself I merely kept using the same thing, over and over.

Even now, with the 400gal Tanganyikan piscivores (Boulenegerochromis pair and Kitumba frontosas) I feed only NLS. Why would I go and change it when everything pretty much boils down to personal preference and experience. I am not saying NLS is better than everything else. It worked for me and I keep using it.

JoeBel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2008
USA
www.JoeBeleznay.com
I just starting using NLS, do a mix of that with spirulina flakes, my fish and healthy and happy.. at least that's what they tell me.

JohnnyRooster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2008
Ventura
I use NLS and love it, the prob. i have with it is that it only comes in 1mm pellet(Cichlid Formula). I use a combo of the NLS and Hikari 3mm only because of that reason, I wish i could just use one. I've thought about using Dainichi cause i think they do have diff. size pellets, but I dont have a LFS that carries it.

My Q. is how's Dainichi color enhancing threw the color spectrum?

I can say NLS is amzing as far as color goes plus the fish love it. But like i said the pellets are getting to small. So, this brings me to another Q.

Does anyone use a bigger NLS pellet, which also means a different formula, for there africans, and have you noticed a color change from the switch?

bobgobucks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Rockport, TX
Well my LFS indicated smaller pellets to be a better choice because the fish swallow them whole rather than chew them up and cloud up the water. But yes, Dainichi does have multiple sizes in sinking and floating. From what I have seen the color enhnacement is pretty good as well.

JohnnyRooster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2008
Ventura
yes you guys are 100% correct, but my bigger fish swallow the 3mm pellets and only my smaller fish have to chew them up.I dont think NLS makes a african cichlid formula thats bigger than 1mm thats why i was asking if any one has made the switch from the color enhanced cichlids formula to a a different formula and noticed a change.

tezr

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2007
Austin TX
www.rivercityaquatics.com
bobgobucks;2770738; said:
Since I have not had a real answer, let's put this out there.
The LFS in Austin both claim that Dainichi is a superior food, however, neither stocks NLS.
Seems to me that all the MFK forum members promote NLS so much, the company must be a site sponsor!
Here is the question: Those who have used both and compared, which do you feel is better and why?

Part of the reason for the Dainichi love is a local connection... There is a local fish family (The Bozaks) that are the area distributor.

I have used both and my fish seem to prefer Dainichi (except for the Ultimia which they do not seem to care for). You can get NLS at River City Aquatics (we carry it in bulk) and also at Aquatek.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store