Dainichi vs NLS. Let's have a real discussion on which is best!

bobgobucks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Rockport, TX
Tony!!!!!!
OK, well river city is where I have bought my dianichi and who recommended in the first place. Y'all did not recommend nor did you mention you carry it, but this is excellent info!
Next time I am in I think I shall try NLS. You tell me what flavor?

Somethingfishyinc.net

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
www.Somethingfishyinc.net
As it stands NLS wins the better food. Others try to get close to the same formula but most have patents on their formula. I have used or brought in all foods on the market to compare. You need to read the ingredients & know what each means. Theres a lot more to it. Typically the first ingredient is the most just like what we eat. So krill meal to start is a better quality start. White fish meal means the bones of the fishes smashed to make fish food.
NLS works & is all around good food in many sizes. Most are all the same except the label & size of pellets. The wafer, flake, thera a & growth are different in formula.
Do your own test on a couple small tanks of fry or ? & see the results & come to your own conclusion.
Sometimes packaging does more of the selling then whats in it?

Also check HBH foods. The veggy flakes, soft krill & spirulina is good foods also.

me
Dave

We stock couple thousand pounds of NLS, & we can ship it to you.

JohnnyRooster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2008
Ventura
yes they do but the color enhance cichild formula only comes in 1mm. I hope that im wrong cause i love the product and dont want to change but my fish are starting to out grow its.

NotoriousSway

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Muncie, IN
I have used others (but not Dainich) and NLS is the best I have seen for growth and bringing out amazing color in fish. I have never heard of NLS making the water cloudy, my water is crystal clear! NLS is so nutrient packed many people over feed. Also if you have have any questions NLS has its own forum where if you have a question the creator of NLS will aswer it himself. I love NLS and I doubt I will ever change, plus I can get it for cheap from Mike Dunagan and Phoaroh.

Here is a article that I just read that I thought explained alot about NLS and it creator.
http://www3.telus.net/AfricanRiftLakeCichlids/NLS.htm

I had no idea NLS had such a great shelf life.

Staszek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
Pennsylvania
I would choose Danichi.

NLS stinks up the fishroom.....especially when feeding lots of fish.

As for the first ingredient. I would take white fish any day over krill.........since when was krill healthier for you then fish?

Trigga

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2009
Toronto
Staszek;2781856; said:
I would choose Danichi.

NLS stinks up the fishroom.....especially when feeding lots of fish.

As for the first ingredient. I would take white fish any day over krill.........since when was krill healthier for you then fish?
krill is a hundred times better for colour than white fish and NLS has other ingredients that add nutrients like herring, and spirulina

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store