Dainichi vs NLS. Let's have a real discussion on which is best!

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
NLS has never added smell to my fishroom. Sure my tanks are not the best smelling, but that smell is kept within the tank. Again my fishroom has not gotten any smell to it.

blkg35

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2008
homeless.......
I use a mix of Dainichi Veggie/NLS for all my tropheus. They love them.
I use strictly NLS for all other cichlids. Only reason is because the NLS is cheaper than the Dainichi. But I do see some enhanced color on my tropheus using Dainichi.....:grinno:

Staszek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
Pennsylvania
Why is Krill 100 times better for color then white fish?

Also Danichi has other ingredients that adds nutrition also.........

I'm just giving my opinion on these products. I'm not saying NLS is going to stink up everyones fishroom, but when your feeding hundreds of fish and alot of them are large such as Frontosa or Petrochromis it stinks up my fishroom.

NotoriousSway

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Muncie, IN
Yes, here is a excerpt from a article I read and posted in one of my previous threads.

http://www3.telus.net/AfricanRiftLakeCichlids/FoodLabels.htm said:
One of the highest quality meals with regards to sources of protein and amino acids is Krill Meal. Krill Meal is an excellent source of natural antioxidants and pigments. Krill meal is superior to other crustacean meal products in terms of its amino acidic content, its attractant and flavouring quality, the capability of the fish and shrimp to extract the pigments from the meals, and its immune stimulant quality. Not only does it have a high natural pigment content (astaxanthin), the astaxanthin also functions as an antioxidant. It has been proven that this pigment has a positive effect in the rates of growth and immune modulation in fish.
Full article can be seen here:
http://www3.telus.net/AfricanRiftLakeCichlids/FoodLabels.htm

Staszek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
Pennsylvania
Thats fine, but these articles are written by Pablo or Neil........1 guy is the owner the other is the #1 guy there.

I'm sure if Danichi felt they needed to write articles to convince people to buy there product they would. But they don't don't waste their time and money on articles. They just put out a quality product and people buy it.

Marius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Staszek;2785544; said:
Thats fine, but these articles are written by Pablo or Neil........1 guy is the owner the other is the #1 guy there.

I'm sure if Danichi felt they needed to write articles to convince people to buy there product they would. But they don't don't waste their time and money on articles. They just put out a quality product and people buy it.
"waste their time and money" is a little too dismissive Steve :). That to me sounds like good marketing skills.

To my knowledge, there was a debate on one of the forums from NY and Neil was ready to get any questions from Dainichi representatives. Nobody stepped up to the plate.

In all honesty, in the end, it boils down to personal preference. Whatever works best for the individual hobbyist. Let's just leave the absolute remarks aside.

Staszek;2785575; said:
I guess you guys should start a new diet of strictly krill. You'll probably get into the best shape of your life. :grinyes:
Oh man, that's what I should've done all these years?!? :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store