DIY Multi aquarium stand

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
it started out to be a three tank setup to breed convicts to feed my jag but grew from there and while i was in the prosses of collecting tanks i got a jack dempsy and put it in with my jag. it must have been sick because all of my fish cought ick and all but the jd and o died. so it will now be a growout center untill my fish will be big enough for big tank then it will be a convict breeding center.
due to poor fish quality at all lfs in 40 mile radius i will have to put a filter on each tank. that way if i buy any fish they will not get fish in other tanks sick.

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Oh OK, sounds good. But you could make one filter if you made a separate quarantine tank for the new arrivals. One filter for the remaining tanks would cut down tremendously on maintenance.

A 40 mile radius?! That's a way to go for decent fish.

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Holy moly, I moan and groan when I have to travel 7-8km for fish. But that is in the middle of a crowded city. Still beats a 53 Mile though.

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
On a bad day takes me up to 20 mins. But normally 12-15. But stressful driving. I miss driving open roads with no traffic.

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
i just picked up a classified add saw a 100 to 150 gallon tank for sale for only 70 bucks then i notticed the papper was from 4 days ago. Its either to good to be true or its sold by now. i'll call tommorow any way. man that would look good as a center tank for this setup!!!

Airgoose2222

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2009
Altus, America
I feel your pain with the waiting 'til Christmas is over. I just finished framing my stand and have to go out of town for the Holidays and have to let stand and tank sit 'til I get back. Ughhhhhhhhh.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store