DIY Multi aquarium stand

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
OK, i didnt make anymore progress yet because i wanted to run all the electrical next but im going to have to wait till mid febuary because my electrician is a hunter and i have to wait till hunting season is over so i decidedto start some of the finish work.

Im going to pick up some wood tommorow and i need to start thinking about colors for this stand, i was thinking flat black with the doors to access the top of the tanks being eather a textured dark or light gray.

Does anybody think that would be good colors or do you all have any other ideas for colors?

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Never rains but it pours. My 250g PW build keeps getting pushed back.

Best luck, look forward to updates.

Bear

big scottie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2009
Boston
That looks awsome i'm jealous i'm a weldr and always wanted to make a metal version of that, but just dont have time you might have gave me the motivation to do it.lol

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
I just remembered that my dad has a couple of swimming pool pumps in his shed at his house. i was thinking that i can maybe incorperate one of them to this setup to add extra suction during water changes cutting down on time.
Has anyone tried this and does it work?

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Never done that but that would be the fastest water change on the planet being that pool pumps run at (I am guessing) 3000-5000 gph.

Very cool idea may not be that practical

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store