Fish Room Redux - 3600+ Gallon Plywood Tank Build

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Hoping the weather holds out and people show up on time. Other than that I'm all good to go. Spent close to $200 on Dow 795 sealant. Fortunately, the hard rubber strips i needed only cost $6. The acrylic is just under $1700. Lumber unknown and still have to get the Blue Max.

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
Ohh man sorry to hear that. ITs time Pete....its time to call someone who F'ed up and take out all your pent up frustration on them...AND....get them to discount your order for it!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
After much aggravation with the salesperson playing completely stupid on when the acrylic was supposed to be here and not getting that I couldn't make people appear out of thin air to be available, I ended up canceling my order.

Two days later, one of my housemates informed me she's moving to Florida mid-June. I suppose the delivery botch up happened for a reason.

After much painful contemplation, I have decided to scrap the project, get my house ready for sale, sell all of my collection of fish and aquariums, and make myself solvent.

One day I'll have a big tank, but with the economy the way it is, I don't see that being anytime soon.

Sorry for disappointing everyone. No one is more disappointed than I am.

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
nolapete;3157920; said:
After much aggravation with the salesperson playing completely stupid on when the acrylic was supposed to be here and not getting that I couldn't make people appear out of thin air to be available, I ended up canceling my order.

Two days later, one of my housemates informed me she's moving to Florida mid-June. I suppose the delivery botch up happened for a reason.

After much painful contemplation, I have decided to scrap the project, get my house ready for sale, sell all of my collection of fish and aquariums, and make myself solvent.

One day I'll have a big tank, but with the economy the way it is, I don't see that being anytime soon.

Sorry for disappointing everyone. No one is more disappointed than I am.
Nooooooooooooooooooo :banhim:

j/k

I feel your pain man...I had a custom 280 I was going to move my 110 reef into. Spent a long time planing and getting it together...and then Katrina happened and I never put a drop of water in the tank. I had a thread on reefcentral that was uber long all to see the tank for sale at the end.

What are you selling...list it and shoot me a PM. I might pick some stuff up....and im real close to pick it up :D

Sorry bro!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store