Fish Room Redux - 3600+ Gallon Plywood Tank Build

Ratt45thinf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2009
Oklahoma
No updates, did you get thrown in the slammer? :ROFL: Waiting patiently :popcorn:

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
nolapete;2992126; said:
Sucky turn of events. One of my roommates moved out without notice, rent, or even talking to me about it, so the whole thing is on hold until I find another roommate.
Wait... are you renting this place?

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Ratt45thinf;3019165; said:
No updates, did you get thrown in the slammer? :ROFL: Waiting patiently :popcorn:
I think he is busy building his new 100,000 gallon Arapaima tank (on his other thread) with his friend. Now that one is the monsterfishkeepers tank.

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
arapaimag;3021572; said:
I think he is busy building his new 100,000 gallon Arapaima tank (on his other thread) with his friend. Now that one is the monsterfishkeepers tank.
Wow...link?

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Hi peeps!

Sorry for my vanishing act. I had a roommate that disappeared without notice, so that set me back quite a bit and I'm finally starting to see some daylight. Not out of the woods yet with this blasted economy though. The other roommate went back home to his family as well, so that kicked me in the teeth again.

Found a new roommate, girl 24, really cool, pays her rent on time and is actually social.

Met a new girl, so she's been taking up quite a bit of my time. (applause now)

In fishy news:

Arapaima gigas all dead :( I suspect bacterial bloom in smaller aquariums like the 210 they were in doesn't work well for any amount of time. I won't try them again until I have the 3600 gallon setup. I plan on using heavy UV and diatom filtration to keep the bacteria loads down. Even good bacteria at the ppm found in the small water column seem to be detrimental. The fish deteriorate over time even though showing healthy appetites and gill color. They don't do well with new water, so minimal water changes are required. They are now my favorite fish and I will successfully keep them and hopefully breed them on our arapaima preserve. Working on finding the land to build that project now.

After a dud of a fish auction, I decided to try finding the funds elsewhere and was able to get a new line of credit and pay off some outstanding debts and have enough left over to finish the tank. Tentatively, the acrylic will be ordered and delivered next week.

I have to find a source for Dow 795 and purchase the rubber spacer material this week.

Construction should move fairly quick after the acrylic is in place.

Thanks for all the concern and well wishes!

leg89

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
quebec, quebec, canada
hey good luck buddy and hope everytin will be ok with that new girl.

congrats on the new relation! haha

hope she doesnt freak out when she sees the project you have in the wall!

aight hope to have some news from you soon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store