Ogrim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
Australia
RD,
After reading your link on Krill Meal =>
http://www.aquafeed.com/article.php?id=439&sectionid=5
I almost feel like sitting down to some Krill & munch on it my self to an extent :ROFL:
Who knows it might be quite nice, if we could get it fresh :drool: It could perhaps give me some color & also bulk me up :naughty:

I have tried the NLS Cichlid formula 1mm, that has no GARLIC in it & was accepted immediately by all the fish I keep, even the ones that did not eat the NLS Thera+A 3mm with GARLIC earlier :headbang2

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
All NLS formulas contain garlic, the TherA formula simply contains a much larger inclusion rate.

Ogrim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
Australia
RD,
Gee that was quick! Surely the TherA formula contains a much larger inclusion rate, the smell almost got me kicked out into the dog house
:WHOA:

I wonder if I got a batch of NLS that had the GARLIC OVERDOSED :ROFL:

I do try eat some garlic my self for it's beneficial properties in small quantities. I know, how about "Garlic Krill" on the BBQ tonight :headbang2
Cheers

guapoteman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh
Fish liked bio gold saw good results in color and growth however they wouldnt touch the cichlid staple (green pellets) ended up scooping all the uneaten out. Trying NLS now for variety they seem to like it to soon to see results yet though

knicks791

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2009
yonkers ny
In order to settle this, a member should have a divided tank with 2 of the same fish and feed one only hikari and the other only NLS.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
2 fish isn't going to prove anything.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I got hold of NLS in these here parts.The big fish ones ( 4,5 mm and 7 mm pellets )

am willing to do the test with 2 midevils.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Miguel - what test?

You can't possibly run any kind of proper feed trial using only 2 test subjects. And even if you thought that you could, what exactly would you be testing for?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
RD.;4875810; said:
Miguel - what test?

You can't possibly run any kind of proper feed trial using only 2 test subjects. And even if you thought that you could, what exactly would you be testing for?
Let us not make this complicated, RD.:)

I read all threads where the comparison between NLS and Hikari is done, and was irritated at the difficulty in getting NLS in Europe.

Got it.

Will try to do this test with 2 of my solo glassbangers. Of course this is not a serious test, by any means and under any theory whatosever.

But, at the least, a year from now, I will be able to say that I fed one with X, the other with Z and that the results ( utterly, obviously, limited ) are ......

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
Those "results" wouldn't prove anything though. A two subject sample group is, from a testing standpoint, pretty worthless.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store