Hoplias Lacerdae

fishinman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2007
Where the sun don't shine
caribemob;3801984; said:
looks like my lacerdae with that elongated snout, nice pickup , checkout my lacerdae thread and compare they are exactly alike:headbang2
Yeah they do look similar...I see you got yours from SA too... You're sure that yours is Lacerdae?

BTW- Lovin that black wolf you got... was torn between one of those and the Lacerdae (should have gone with the black seeing as my Lacerdae is prob not really Lacerdae)

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
fishinman;3802096; said:
Yeah they do look similar...I see you got yours from SA too... You're sure that yours is Lacerdae?

BTW- Lovin that black wolf you got... was torn between one of those and the Lacerdae (should have gone with the black seeing as my Lacerdae is prob not really Lacerdae)
my old thread is my lacerdae, the new wolves are my black and my missiones

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Without seeing the underside of the throat, you can't 100% differentiate malabaricus and lacerdae at that size.

Look at photo 34/40 here: http://www.aqvaterra.com/cichlids_others_tetras.php

We caught both mala and lacerdae near the Rio Uruguay...which is the border between Uruguay and Argentina...so I gotta believe that they're both found in both places.

The best thing to do - in my opinion - would be to ask the person who sold you the fish to explain how it was identified as lacerdae...

Matt

fishinman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2007
Where the sun don't shine
Finally got some under chin shots. Apparently, I don't know how to use my camera b/c I can't seem to get a clear shot...but this should help...

Also threw in the pic the seller sent me before I purchased the fish.... just for s#@$s and giggles

DSCN0304.JPG

DSCN0305.JPG

DSCN8533.JPG

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
here is my lacerdae, not my missiones however they both have the underneath u shave instead of the acute v shape Mala, sort of like your's (i say a type of mala).

Picture 102.jpg

Picture 105.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store