Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
polish;3930198; said:
Looks good. I think I may try a filter sock out on my setups.

Good to see the 75g getting some use. :grinno:

Although I wouldn't put it past you to have more than one.
Actually, that is your old 75. I noticed one day that one of the seams looked questionable, so...... when in doubt, make a sump out of it. I decided that I needed to replace it with a 110. :D

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
polish;3930267; said:
110 makes a better show tank anyway. :)

Did you go with the 48x18x30 that way it fit on the same stand?

Yes sir, got the hookup on a package deal for some new/used tanks. Going to pick them up in the next week or two. Yeah, this will be my really tall planted tank.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
MaddMaxx;3931347; said:
and here I was hoping to see that 500 all setup...
I keep getting new tanks. LOL Stay tuned.. the new ones are nothing to laugh at.

Getting closer. Should have all of the drywall and paint completed by the end of next weekend. Then I will start making arrangements for carpet.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
How often are you having to change out your filter socks? I'm only getting about 36 hours out of mine before they start overflowing and I have to change them.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I've had mine running at least a couple of weeks now without any problems.

Sword625

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2009
IL
Could you guys mention how your tanks are filtered? I don't mean a lot of details, like tank size and all that, I'm more interested in the plumbing jobs you guys have done. Like for example, "8 tanks filtered by central sump", "3 120g filtered by central sump". I think somewhere in these 117 pages one of you mentioned having a kitchen tank filtered by a sump in the basement???? so could just also just mention if the sump is not directly next to the tanks it is filtering. Also could you mention if you have anything like a drip system or auto water change on a set of tanks. Lol I don't want to sound like I'm giving orders or anything but I am just really impressed with plumbing and the more I learn about your setups might inspire me to think out of the box with mine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store