INDY DIY GUYS

RedDevilDon2005

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2006
Lawrenceburg, In
www.myspace.com
Pharaoh;2517767; said:
Apparently someone doesn't want their valves real bad do they? Maybe while you are over, I will make you paint the rest of the stand, just to get your parts. :nutkick:

Anywho, I got a nice order going last night. Here's what I bought;
1. Chloramine filter
2. Plumbing adapters
3. Dosing controller
4. 1/4" tubing

This should get me rolling on setting up the drip system.

:lock: <---- Me partying without Mike

:wall: <---- Me partying with Mike
:ROFL: priceless

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Well I got the valves. Yesterday I put in 4 and it killed me 2 hours. So I went out and bought a 9/32 bit and it was so much easier. I got all the rest (16) in 40 minutes. Running it now. I got two tanks on the system to check it out. It should push the air just fine! I will get pictures soon, but I have to get the hose run and the ladder out. Otherwise it makes it hard to move around. I will try to get some done this weekend around all the Christmas parties (I know too early). Plus I am running the school Dance. (Normal teacher's Father died) It has cut down on my free time.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
RedDevilDon2005;2523876; said:
mike, you should know better than to post without pics. :banhim: :D
And he has the nerve to say something to me. LOL

RBE17

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
Coopersburg, Pa 18036
Pharaoh,

How much space do you have from the top of the tanks to the bottom of the next shelf? I'm looking at doing something similiar.

Thanks,

Steve.

Dracor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Indianapolis
Jerry! Jerry! So when does the woman that is in love with a fish come out? :ROFL::grinno:

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
RBE17;2525319; said:
Pharaoh,

How much space do you have from the top of the tanks to the bottom of the next shelf? I'm looking at doing something similiar.

Thanks,

Steve.
I would have to measure it to be exact, but it is about 8-9" from the top of the tank to the 2x4s. I wanted to have plenty of room to get in and out of the tanks with rocks, decorations, nets, etc. I will try and remember to check when I get home.

By the way. that is a LOT taller than it looks. Mike will vouch for that. I will get a pic with someone standing next to it for comparison. The rack is HUGE. I will have to have a ladder to get to the top tanks. But it had to be tall to accomodate the central sump system.

RBE17

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
Coopersburg, Pa 18036
Pharaoh;2526128; said:
I would have to measure it to be exact, but it is about 8-9" from the top of the tank to the 2x4s. I wanted to have plenty of room to get in and out of the tanks with rocks, decorations, nets, etc. I will try and remember to check when I get home.

By the way. that is a LOT taller than it looks. Mike will vouch for that. I will get a pic with someone standing next to it for comparison. The rack is HUGE. I will have to have a ladder to get to the top tanks. But it had to be tall to accomodate the central sump system.
Thanks. I appreciate it. I believe you on the height. We have basements in the NE that are 8' ceilings. I'm guessing the ducts in your basement is at 7'. The rack is tall, but it needs to be.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store