INDY DIY GUYS

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Here is the update from today's action. I was working by myself, so a couple things were a little tough to get lined up. But it was manageable I guess. LOL

mdstark

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2006
Indianapolis
Pharaoh;2526860; said:
They don't really give specs on how many gallons it will treat due to the variance in amounts used by the water company. I ahve a test kit so I can keep an eye on it.
Bobby, I e-mailed them when I was setting my filter up last year and was told that the cartridges are good for about 5000 gallons. I usually change mine around that time and have yet to have a problem.

is300soon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2008
san jose ca
u guys are amazing!!! I wish i had friends into this, im small time, 16g and jumped to an 85 in the works.

Watching this thread!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
mdstark;2530897; said:
Bobby, I e-mailed them when I was setting my filter up last year and was told that the cartridges are good for about 5000 gallons. I usually change mine around that time and have yet to have a problem.
Cool. Looks like I might be going through quite a bit of carbon when I am up and running. Considering there will be about 1000 total gallons going. LOL

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Here we go with the Sunday progress. Added in a little bit more framing starting to get ready for the skin. We also ran the drain line for the oveflow on the sump. I also realized that I will have to make/buy a custom sump to use in this setup. There won't be a lot of room to work a standard tank under there.
Also, as you can see, per my sister, we were required to get at least one fish into the setup by this weekend. LOL

And Zenn, you though my MS Paint skills were good. Prepare to be stunned.

Dracor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Indianapolis
So what type of fish is that? I notice it's blue. So I may guess an Acei? Yes, I would most definitely say an Acei!

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
OMG!! freehand sharpie??!?
and they say that's a lost art...

Ya know, just to throw off the future generations that will come across the ruins a thousand years from now, You might just wanna "BUMP for Zennz"
on one of those 2 x 4's...:D
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
zennzzo;2536258; said:
OMG!! freehand sharpie??!?
and they say that's a lost art...

Ya know, just to throw off the future generations that will come across the ruins a thousand years from now, You might just wanna "BUMP for Zennz"
on one of those 2 x 4's...:D
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
So it is said.....so shall it be done.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store