INDY DIY GUYS

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Lathe and Plaster is a tough demolition, looks like you got it nicely.

We have alot of sheetrock out here...
I remember when I was a kid, and in a rage...I learned first hand how tough lathe and plaster walls are, no pun intended.
I think I spent 6 weeks in another kind of plaster wrapped around that first hand...

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Yanbbrox;2505976; said:
Well done on getting that out without have to tear down the whole wall, must have took ages to get it right
It took us a while to get it done. We also had other things going too. As you saw in the previous pictures, we hade to relocated the thermostat and the light switch that was originally on the wall the tank is going in. This required a fair amount of re-wiring. Also had to change out a couple of Outlet boxes too. I didn't like the old ones that were being used, so we change those. Oh, and I also re-wire the stereo in her Jeep while I was there. What are brothers for huh? LOL

zennzzo;2505997; said:
Lathe and Plaster is a tough demolition, looks like you got it nicely.

We have alot of sheetrock out here...
I remember when I was a kid, and in a rage...I learned first hand how tough lathe and plaster walls are, no pun intended.
I think I spent 6 weeks in another kind of plaster wrapped around that first hand...
That stuff stand up to blunt force trauma like no other. You can smack it with a hammer and it doesn't even dent it. We ended up flipping around and using the claw of the hammer to break it up. Very tedious job.

Thanks.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
scoobydoo;2506112; said:
nice work,im surprised u have time too knit.
Projects are what I do. I can't get enough of them. It is one of the funnest parts of the hobby.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
OK. Here are some pictures of the setup as I have gotten the shelves drilled for the plumbing. I have a little bit of finish cutting to do to make the small tanks flush with the shelves, but that should only take a minute.
Getting all of this done will give me a little more room to work on the other parts of the basement.

For the basement:
I will now start working on getting all of the wiring done. I will also have to finish putting in a couple of the studs that remain in order to complete the wiring. Once the wiring is all put in. I will begin the process of putting up drywall.
For the fishroom:
I now need to order a bunch of new gaskets for all the bulkheads and start officially designing the plumbing setup that I will have.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Pharaoh;2506685; said:
OK. Here are some pictures of the setup as I have gotten the shelves drilled for the plumbing. I have a little bit of finish cutting to do to make the small tanks flush with the shelves, but that should only take a minute.
Getting all of this done will give me a little more room to work on the other parts of the basement.

For the basement:
I will now start working on getting all of the wiring done. I will also have to finish putting in a couple of the studs that remain in order to complete the wiring. Once the wiring is all put in. I will begin the process of putting up drywall.
For the fishroom:
I now need to order a bunch of new gaskets for all the bulkheads and start officially designing the plumbing setup that I will have.
Looking good, can't wait to see it finished:)

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
NotoriousSway;2507364; said:
Those shelves look good painted, did you use any kind of special paint?
Nope, just found the cheapest can of latex paint I could find. Turns out it was under $8. I put a few thick coats on it so that it will be resistent to water. Definitely not going to be waterproof, but a nice coating on it to help for the minor spills.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
I am fed up with the shear lack of care. You did not even paint under the shelves. You better touch up. How do you expect me to come over and watch you plum this when I see unpainted wood. The nerve of some people.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store