Local Fish Store/Chain Store Red Texas - Red Texas or Kamfa Flowerhorn?

GoldGuapote

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2010
WA
This is my Red Texas from Petsmart, bought about a year ago, what do you think Chris? He usually has a red underside and throat but he didnt like the camera, he is about 8 inches now. uploadfromtaptalk1370555665535.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Reactions: Red Cichlids

Bayou_man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2013
Georgia
Wow does anyone know where I can find any in Ga? I've only found one petsmart that sold some only once. Would love to find more....

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
I got her from my lfs as a red texas. The store owner orders from seagrest. For all I know she is a red flowerhorn with pearls lol. But I would like to get a specific I.D. if possible.
View attachment 888013
View attachment 888014
View attachment 888016
Damn these petsmart red Texas thread. I was browsing the stickies and ended up grabbing this guy at ps. Titled red Texas. It looks like it may turn out similar to crush's. Eh for 6 bucks I'll gamble. *Rolls dice

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1383636347.842817.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1383636358.459572.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
Damn these petsmart red Texas thread. I was browsing the stickies and ended up grabbing this guy at ps. Titled red Texas. It looks like it may turn out similar to crush's. Eh for 6 bucks I'll gamble. *Rolls dice

View attachment 962212View attachment 962213

Lol nice roll of the dice. Yeah the colors might be similar but mine had the flower spot behing the head. So it was bred from a flowerhorn making it a little different. My dumb ass paid $40 for the fish and just last week I dropped her back off at the lfs for free. She was a monster and had a mean bite. I messed up trying to keep her within a community tank.
Are you raising yours solo or in a community?

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
Hahaha. I also had a nasty red Texas a while back that I returned to lfs. This one is actually divided in a 60 with another fish. I have a 30 gal that's almost done cycling and I'll move him there. Most likely go back to lfs if he doesn't impress me or fade by next year. Like I said just a roll of the dice with this one. Cheers.

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
Hahaha. I also had a nasty red Texas a while back that I returned to lfs. This one is actually divided in a 60 with another fish. I have a 30 gal that's almost done cycling and I'll move him there. Most likely go back to lfs if he doesn't impress me or fade by next year. Like I said just a roll of the dice with this one. Cheers.

Yeah for 6 bucks you could not go wrong... I would have rolled the dice too! Yours looks to have potential whether it fades or not. Be sure to make a thread and keep us updated on it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store