Making my 800 gal larger.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I think you will be a lot happier by going with pond armor rather than using drylock. I can't wait to see this started.

Lou8337

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Cincinnati
I wish we lived a little closer together I'd come over and help you with it on a regular basis. You are almost 5 hrs. away though.

big train

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Chesapeake V.A.
Great monster tank dude! Breaking up the line of sight is a huge plus imo. I do have a question about the glass thickness with the extra pressure from the tank doubling in size thats adding alot of pressure on the glass what is your current glass thickness?

greengiant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
British Columbia Canada
pressure does not increase by adding space to the back. water pressure increases by adding height. the added height is not here he is adding to the depth in the addition but that is below the glass so has no effect on it. he isn't changing the viewing window at all so there will be no added load on it

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
greengiant;2477215; said:
pressure does not increase by adding space to the back. water pressure increases by adding height. the added height is not here he is adding to the depth in the addition but that is below the glass so has no effect on it. he isn't changing the viewing window at all so there will be no added load on it
At the certain point that he is expanding the tank, the width of the tank will increase, which will increase the pressure exerted on the glass.

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
The Glass is 3/4" thick. I could make the tank 3 times the size it is now and still have room to grow :) You guys remember the guy with thew 52,000 gal tank? He's also got a 15,000 gallon with 5' tall glass panels that are 3/4" :)

Thanks for the offers on help fellas, but you know how it is, I'll just be able to squeek in time here and there... But I might need help re-installing the glass... If I ever get to that point LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store