Making my 800 gal larger.

L A R R Y

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Texas
TheFishGuy;2883203; said:
Yes, this is a one page thread..... Here's a picture of the color of the walls... You can see the grey color on the other wall on the left.

Magnifico.....Your house...Montabella.....tuity fruity

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
basslover34;2883684; said:
So... If you had to go back to before the upgrade... would you change any of the design now?
Good question actually. It's funny how things look different on paper than IRL...

basslover34

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Montreal
cvermeulen;2883711; said:
Good question actually. It's funny how things look different on paper than IRL...
:grinyes: I have an idea and always mock it up before hand to see if there is going to be a problem for me, either visually or technically... it seems like a waste of time and foam or boxes or what ever the building material of choice is at the time, but it's saved me more than once... and this build would be hard to "mock" build since it's on an existing structure and there are unforseen issues to deal with when you modify an existing structure

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
basslover34;2883684; said:
So... If you had to go back to before the upgrade... would you change any of the design now?
I wouls have put in curbing to support a lid. Because that's what I'vew got to do now. Condensation is building on the ceiling then dripping down one wall causing the drywall to get wet .For the moment I've got a small box fan keeping it dry and a bunch of glass for a lid. I will use the same glass after the curbing gets put in. That and if I would have known I needed to silicone the inside corners I would have used drylok. Pond Armor is an excellent product but for the extreme amount of pressure in the deep end it was obviously causing movement in the framing. I think no matter how well it was framed it still would have had tiny cracks in the inside corners.

ozpkchris;2887476; said:
i said it before but i just want to say it again,
wow!
thats really something

so your up keep on it
weekly wc turn of a switch
clean out filter pads from sump
no need to vac u got the ugj
am i missing anything
thats a pretty sweet deal
The's pretty much it, although I'm only rinsing the pads every other week. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store