Making my 800 gal larger.

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
I remember reading about you trying to breed blue convicts on cichlid-forum.

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
You can just check his profile...he hasn't

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
I still want to see one last 5 minute finished video with a walkaround. Congrats on the successful completion!

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
No, I did not start another thread yet because the fish room went together in basicly one day and the basement got finished in two and I was on a roll so didn't stop to take pictures. BUT I am working on some interesting statistics from this project... I'll see if I can get youtube working this weekend...

Also, I've decided to NOT make a DVD, rather I will be giving a presentation at our next local club meeting about the construction of this tank. The presentation will have videos in it and pictures that you've seen and some that you haven't. Including a video of the fininshed product. The presentation will be roughly an hour or so dpending on the questions easked at the end of the presentaion. I will be video taping the presentation and then offering that up on the website for something like $5 a piece... Actually it will be a two DVD set. I will compile all of the videos taken in this project onto a video but won't get fancy with it like I originally planned. What do you think of that?

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
Ok... So I'm a little fired up at the moment... Let me explain... I went to the village of Orwell (my home town) to ask if I could put out my Monster Fish Rescue.com sign in the front yard because I was hosting a board meeting for the Ohio Cichlid Association as I'm a board member and voulonteered to host a meeting. The sign is 18" x 24".

I went to the village and I asked if there was a permit I needed to get to put the sign out, she (Vicki Thomson who is the zoning inspector) said she wasn't sure but if I wanted to put it out this one time that was fine and then we'd talk about it at a later date... This came in the mail for me:

After calling this morning she tells me people were complaining about the sign... Likely story. No one has ever complained about the sign before I brought it to her attention. When I brought it to her attention I also told her that we're not open to the public and that rescues were performed over the internet and that at a last resort fish would come here. And 99% of the time I go get the fish IF the fish even needs to come here. Thankfully most rescues are resolved before even making it to the website or here! The last time someone came here and brought a fish that needed rescued was four months ago. And the sign was out for a couple of weeks at that time... Not a single complaint then...

So now I've got 90 days to shut down my non-profit LLC for running a buisiness out of my home. There's a Planning and Zoning Meeting April 21st @ 6:30 P.M. at:

179 West Main Street
Orwell Ohio 44076

They want me to come and ask for a conditional use permit which costs $175 because I run an internet fish rescue.

I'm asking for your support. If you believe that what I do is a good thing, if you're a supporter of Monster Fish Rescue then come to the meeting, it's open to the public. If you can't come to the meeting write a letter and send it to:

Orwell Zoning Commision
c/o Vicki Thomson
179 West Main Street
Orwell Ohio 44076

I'm not asking for donations, I'm asking for your support in any way you can. Personally I find the entire situation rediculous. No good deed goes unpunished.

If you sell Avon, or Creative Memories supplies, or have ever sold a single thing on eBay or Aquabid you're an internet buisiness. If you've ever babysat for someone, you're running a buisiness out of your home. Better run out and get that permit!

On a lighter note, youtube has pulled their head from their !@#% Here's some videos of the tank and our latest rescue!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJN3661BQjs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jKOvdnT7pg

LowCel

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
That is complete BS! Could you make up a rough draft letter and post it so people can alter it a little then mail it in to show their support? I know I would be happy to, I just wouldn't know where to start writing the letter from scratch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store