TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
Here it is, up date 14!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHCMbRywux4

Nothing exciting really, but for those of you that do not have speakers here’s a summary:

1.) The hardie is going in slow due to waiting for it to dry before the next piece can be put in.
2.) The pump and unions have been ordered for the radiant heating system. They will be in this week.
3.) Most of the plumbing has been purchased for the radiant heating system.
4.) The Pond Armor has been ordered!
5.) The temperature controller arrived today too!
6.) The basement is a mess.
7.) I wish I had more time to get this thing done.
8.) If I had hair I’d be pulling it out.
9.) I’m tired.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Youtube deleted the video - duplicate.

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
Sorry about the non working video… youtube insisted that the first time I uploaded it failed. They even asked me if I wanted to try it again… So I did. It said it was successful so I posted… Then all of a sudden they said it was a duplicate! &@$!@%#$

That’s ok, I forgot to post the pictures I took of the bracing LOL So here’s the pictures:

And here’s one from today:

And here’s the video… hopefully LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9z7iLTGPLs

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
"very nice, its going to be amazing when its done."

Thank you! I think it's going to be amazing too. I'm getting excited knowing there's only a few more small pieces of hardie to install then it's waterproofing time! I'm not too excited about the waterproofing process though... I've never worked with pond armor before and after numerous conversations with Butch from pond armor I'm starting to get confident... Somewhat...

"How are you planning to fix those broken chips in the hardie panel?"

I plan to use bondo, the same stuff to do body work on cars :) boy was I pissed when I dropped that one sheet, then when I forced the one sheet in and it broke... Dumb, but fixable...

"I'm really curious about the plans for the radiant heating as well..."

In due time I will go over everything involved with it. I think it's a great idea that I had never heard of before. It sure seems like it should work great for this situation! I'm excited to do it as I've never done it before... The initial cost of it will be expensive, meaning the materials, but in the long run it should be ver cost effective to heat the tank. not to mention I'll be feeding my water heater with 80* water instead of 42* water from the ground! Which should extend the life of the water heater! There were to many posistives in this system that out weighed the negatives so I almost had to try it. Seeing as I was using two 1000 watt heaters to heat the tank in the past this should help with the electric bill imensely!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Its getting there. Keep up the good work.

beantickler

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
~Pittsburgh~
Nice update... The radiant heat idea is a good one. If I am thinking correctly... The red hose will come out of the hot watertank and go into the sump coiled up and run right back out and back into the watertank? Or is the watertank just for the fishtank and the water from the watertank will actually drain into the sump and fishtank water will be cycled through the tank?

Did this make sense?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store